• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lamrith

Yeah a good sidewall makes all the difference  in the world for a land yacht.

What psi are you running them at currently?
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

Quote from: lamrith on July 21, 2018, 10:23:31 AM
Yeah a good sidewall makes all the difference  in the world for a land yacht.

What psi are you running them at currently?
Thanks! Currently set @ 35psi.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 21, 2018, 10:52:55 AM
Z your SHO is just too good lookin'!
Thanks Manu! It's hard to believe next month will be five years since purchasing the SHO New . Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

92BlackGT

well, I went over 60k miles :'(

So I decided to change out the RDU fluid. It was kind of a PITA, the IRS cradle is in the way of everything. Lots of arm contortion and sweat it took to get-r-dun. The way the fluid looks it probably wasn't necessary, but with fresh Amsoil in there I'm confident it'll last the rest of the life of the car.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

Scott4957

Quote from: 92BlackGT on July 22, 2018, 04:41:59 PM

So I decided to change out the RDU fluid. It was kind of a PITA, the IRS cradle is in the way of everything. Lots of arm contortion and sweat it took to get-r-dun. The way the fluid looks it probably wasn't necessary, but with fresh Amsoil in there I'm confident it'll last the rest of the life of the car.
Good to do it anyways! I did my PTU around 50 or 60, looked great but now I know I do t have to worry about it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

92BlackGT

i wish my PTU fluid looked as good as the RDU. I've done it 3 times in the PTU and it has always been really black. Since i'm out of warranty now, I'll drill and tap a drain plug and make it simple to swap the fluid.
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

ZSHO

I removed the RX CSS and Installed the new CFM Performance Billet valve breather in Gloss Black which seems to be a quality piece.
It does have an internal Baffle to relieve any unwanted crankcase pressure to exit.  Z

$79.95

https://www.svtperformance.com/2014/09/16/tech-cfm-performance-engine-breathers/

https://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-Performance-Billet-Valve-Cover-Breather-Kit-for-2010-2015-Taurus-SHO-EcoBoost-3-5-847p1745.htm

SHOdded

Won't that leave a mess on your engine over time?  Even with a filter on there, I would want to keep an eye on that, seeing how spotless you like your vehicles.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on July 23, 2018, 05:27:42 PM
Won't that leave a mess on your engine over time?  Even with a filter on there, I would want to keep an eye on that, seeing how spotless you like your vehicles.
Thanks Manu! I will certainly keep an eye on it,but they claim it has a breather,as it features an internal baffle to keep the oil away from the filter element. Z

https://www.svtperformance.com/2014/09/16/tech-cfm-performance-engine-breathers/

shoNoff

Z that looks sweet I'm very intereted in how well it works. I'd like to get one myself
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

ZSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on July 23, 2018, 06:08:49 PM
Z that looks sweet I'm very intereted in how well it works. I'd like to get one myself
Thanks man! It does look more enticing especially @ $79.99 plus Free shipping.  Z

shoNoff

Well yesterday I changed the ptu fluid and replaced it with Lucas 75w-140. Put fresh amsoil 5w-30 in the motor and put on my new stainless works downpipes. Only took 1 picture for some odd reason. Bad news is I or the previous owner put a hurting on the front turbo.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: 92BlackGT on July 22, 2018, 04:41:59 PM

I did the same with Severe Gear at 100k. Original Fluid still looked fresh out the bottle. Drilled n tapped a plug in the case to garentee I would never have to go through that again. Lol

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: DstryEvrytng on July 16, 2018, 02:33:22 AM
Not nearly as bad as highcalibers, it was a 90 pound deer instead of a 5,000 pound suv.
. Man, I hate to see a hurt sho. That deer did just enough damage to be expensive. A bulls gotta eat . Jeeps however are tougher to chew.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk