• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sholxgt

Drove mine around in the snow and slush the past couple of days.  First time for me as it's not something we get much of.  It definitely handled it like a champ.  My only complaint is it's not playful even with the T/C turned off.  I miss having a 4wd truck where you can switch to 2wd for playtime.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

Jordan

I didn't know that only PP cars could turn off traction control fully. I too wish there was a way to bypass it for some winter time fun!
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

ZSHO

Quote from: Jordan on December 10, 2017, 11:08:05 AM
I didn't know that only PP cars could turn off traction control fully. I too wish there was a way to bypass it for some winter time fun!
It's kind of a bummer! but here are a couple of threads to give you some insight.  Z  :)
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8510.msg128227.html#msg128227 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

It was the first time driving in the Snow since being lowered and felt like i was running over possums under the carriage .LoL.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Quote from: Jordan on December 10, 2017, 11:08:05 AM

Yup!  Mine is violent at the track with too much wheel spin.  Goes into the bucking motion and doesn't really recover unless I just let off and wait.

Tried it in snow yesterday.  Was about the same.  The T/C and ESC in these cars needs some seriously better programming.  A lot of new cars will actually use the traction control to INCREASE traction and help with launch while spinning.  Ours just seems to clamp on the rotors and cut the the throttle.  A little disappointing for a car that is so tech advanced in other ways.
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

FoMoCoSHO

Ordered...

Goodrich SS lines
Gen 4.2 EBC USR rotors
Gen 4.2 EBC Redstuff pads

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 10, 2017, 11:44:44 PM
Ordered...

Goodrich SS lines
Gen 4.2 EBC USR rotors

What about the 4.2 calipers and master?..Why the red and not the yellow?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: AJP turbo on December 11, 2017, 12:07:40 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on December 10, 2017, 11:44:44 PM
Ordered...

Goodrich SS lines
Gen 4.2 EBC USR rotors

What about the 4.2 calipers and master?..Why the red and not the yellow?
I chose redstuff due to alleged cleanliness and longevity. Not doing the master now. Calipers I'm deciding whether to get powdercoated or not.

Agentlongwood

All right man, USR rotors and Red Stuff is exactly what I did on my MKS this past weekend.  I even painted the calipers.  I posted some pics in the Brake section.  Mine was brush-on duplicolor caliper paint.  If I had the time/money I would absolutely do powdercoating.  I like the look of mine, but if you get up close you can tell it isn't as professional looking.  I do like it a lot better than unfinished though.  And for only costing me $20 and a couple hours, I'm ok with the results.  I will be super jealous if you end up posting pics of powdercoated calipers though, lol.

Link to the other thread if you want to see some pics:
https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,8664.0/topicseen.html
2014 Lincoln MKS - Sold... And I still miss it sometimes

SHOdded

Let us know how the Duplicolor holds up.  Mostly people talk about G2, so no data on DC.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

Picked mine up from the dealer today.  Was in for 3 things...

1. Rear view mirror coming off of windshield - Lincoln denied coverage due to aftermarket windshield.  Hadn't noticed before, but the windshield was replaced by previous owner.  Can't blame Lincoln for not covering.
2. Stutter - Yet another dealer with the same outcome.  It's agreed that it has a stutter, but they consider it "normal."  I don't have a good way to tell them that the stutter becomes HORRIBLE if a tune is installed.  Better to not go there.  Stutter is still annoying even with stock tune.  Fine on flat ground, but there's none where I live.
3. Fluid leak - ended up being PTU seals.  New seals installed.  PTU was puking fluid.  Car has less than 50k miles.  My undertray is now missing.  I have asked them to find my undertray and return it to me.  Car is on ramps in my garage waiting for the undertray.  Hoping to pick it up tomorrow.

When the right opportunity arises, I will move away from the EB platform.

Loaner was a 2.3 EB FWD Explorer.  Functionality was excellent with well thought out seating and features.  Driving it was a different story.  Very front heavy and crazy sloppy suspension.  Not something you want to drive in the mountains.

SHOdded

Are you moving away from the platform due to the stutter, or other issues as well?  Hopefully the RVM just needs a new adhesive pad.

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on December 19, 2017, 08:21:57 AM
Are you moving away from the platform due to the stutter, or other issues as well?  Hopefully the RVM just needs a new adhesive pad.

Stutter is the big thing, but two valve cover gasket leaks and now a PTU leak.  No to mention it's appetite for maintenance.  I've changed the plugs twice and suctioned out the CAC twice to keep it running OK.  I just haven't had ANY problems or maintenance needs with other late model vehicles.  Maybe I've just been lucky with the others?  As I said, I'm under 50k, so this is not a high mileage vehicle.

The pad that get glued to the windshield is broken in half.  Half is stuck, the other half is not.  Lincoln tried to repair by gluing the broken half back on, but it was temporary.  It needs a new pad.  My fear is that I will break the windshield in my attempt to remove the part that is still glued on firmly.  RVM bounces around since it's not firmly attached.

I'm probably not ready quite yet, but I'm thinking an F150 5.0 or Ram Hemi.  I want something that I feel comfortable owning and racking miles on.  I find myself not driving the Lincoln a lot because I don't trust that it's going to be a trouble free higher mileage vehicle.  Sadly, I drive a 190k mile Honda to keep miles off my newer Lincoln.  I've owned a 5.4 F150 and 5.2 Ram before and put many miles on both with no troubles.  Ram had interior parts breakage, but nothing mechanical.  F150 was flawless since mine was built after the spark plug debacle.

Edit - not at all hating on the EB platform.  I love what it's capable of and the way it performs.  I'd probably live with it's high maintenance and higher than average parts failures if I didn't have to also live with a stutter.

SHOdded

Ok to hate as long as you tell the truth, LOL!  But yeah, I get it.  I believe, personally, the EB vehicles like highway/long drives WAY more than city/stopngo driving, and the turbos, while providing some sweet performance, are also forcing early demise compared to their naturally aspirated siblings.

That stutter should be addressed by Lincoln.  I can understand Ford saying it is "normal", but Lincoln?  Sounds like they are replacing Lincoln staffers with Ford "rejects".  Not good.  Any EB MKS of 2013 vintage in your area up for sale?  A comparative drive is always enlightening ...  You did top up the fluid like LME recommends, right?