• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

double c

2010 Steel Blue Metallic  Stage 4+ My DD (Gone Girl)

2013 Escape Titanium Sterling Gray Metallic 2.0 EB  XYL's DD

2016 Explorer Sport: Ingot Silver Metallic: CQuartz-Finest My DD

SHOdded

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 28, 2013, 07:01:12 PM
Tomorrow is Flex Day! & Sunday is my Wife's B.Day!!

A very happy BDay to Mrs. EBB!  Good luck w your G8+ :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Removed all the boost hoses from my Flex except for the bottom one, it's about 116 in my garage so I'll tackle the bottom one under the car in the morning. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Timeless

Quote from: DJE624 on June 28, 2013, 03:17:51 PM
Turned 1K on the tune!  Almost raced a 5.0 on the tollway.  I SHO'ed him a little power.  He got off.  Probably scared him. 

Be careful of those 5.0s...I came from one with just a tune and it is much faster than our cars except from the dig.
2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

DJE624

This morning I went out and pulled my engine cover off.  I also took off that black round piece of foam that slips over what I think is a fuel regulator or some kind of vent(?).  (Bright shiny module in the center of front valve cover.) Hopefully it will help the heat dissipate.  Then I detailed the engine compartment. 

I also pumped up my tires from 36 to 38 cold.  If you can put 40 in a Flex I figured I could put 38 in a SHO.  I reset the TPMS (a continuing problem) yesterday and thought a couple more pounds might help it from faulting.  Should handle a little better too.

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: DJE624 on July 01, 2013, 02:07:41 PM
This morning I went out and pulled my engine cover off.  I also took off that black round piece of foam that slips over what I think is a fuel regulator or some kind of vent(?).  (Bright shiny module in the center of front valve cover.) Hopefully it will help the heat dissipate.  Then I detailed the engine compartment. 

I also pumped up my tires from 36 to 38 cold.  If you can put 40 in a Flex I figured I could put 38 in a SHO.  I reset the TPMS (a continuing problem) yesterday and thought a couple more pounds might help it from faulting.  Should handle a little better too.

That is the DI Fuel Pump.  I painted my Foam cover with Black Paint.  I feel it has benefit as it keeps some heat from directly getting to DI pump, keeping fuel possibly cooler.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: DJE624 on July 01, 2013, 02:07:41 PM

Put the foam thing back on, that helps a ton with the noise from CDFP
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

darreli

The "fuel regulator thing" is the High Pressure Fuel Pump. Putting the foam back on there definitely cuts down on the noise generated by the pump. It doesnt really bother me, so I usually just leave it off

DJE624

I have to make a few runs this afternoon.  I'll see how it is with out.  EBB-Mine is black so no paint required!   ;D

PopolZ

All the chrome on my SHO beside the chromed ring around the bottom grill of the bumper is now black.

Next step, the wheels :D but it's too windy right now :(

edit: pics :D

yeah it's dirty... i know...

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

TSS

Looks good. /\

Today I took the car to a trim shop amd had them finally locateand fix a rattle I have been chasing for a year.  Sooooo happy.  It was in the seatbelt base
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

DJE624

Quote from: PopolZ on July 01, 2013, 03:20:15 PM
All the chrome on my SHO beside the chromed ring around the bottom grill of the bumper is now black.

I dig it.  Do you just spray on the Plasti-dip and then trim and peel around it?  How many coats and how long to dry? How many cans did you use?

DJE624

Quote from: TSS on July 01, 2013, 04:54:08 PM
Looks good. /\

Today I took the car to a trim shop amd had them finally locateand fix a rattle I have been chasing for a year.  Sooooo happy.  It was in the seatbelt base

A squeak or rattle would drive me nuts.  I'm glad they found it! 

DJE624

Thanks!  Did you wait an hour between coats?  Or just after the last coat before you peeled.  I was thinking of scoring the edges with a blade?