• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

Quote from: thmullan on August 16, 2016, 07:32:42 PM
Perhaps I'm incorrect but I have a tendency to believe that most a lot of people have not experienced winters like we do.  Lol
I just know this is a norm here and always had beater cars that for general maintenance I tried doing best I could but didn't baby them now I have a car I care about and I want to do as much as I can to take care of it. Why im thinking of Installing a coolant circulator really all it does it make the inside warm up faster or I guess could allow me to keep at 50/50 mix. I have heated seats and steering wheel to warm up quick. 😁

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

I finally ordered my SHO Certificate and also need to look for a cool frame to go with it and already have the original window sticker since new,if anyone is interested they can can be purchased for 45.00 +10.00 shipping and here is the link and will Definitely post some pic's when it arrives.  :)  Z    http://www.fordshowparts.com/store_contents.cfm?cart_id=06495536270111114100831043405520153007&store_id=1&dept_id=1137&product_id=6989   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

What transmission fluid is used in the sho? Anyone have the data sheet on it already?

SHOdded

Officially, as in the owners' manual, Mercon LV.  You can find the data sheet on it online, such as at:
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/additionalinfo/Product%20Data%20Sheet%20MERCON%20LV.pdf
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Gjkrisa

Quote from: SHOdded on August 20, 2016, 01:36:40 PM
Officially, as in the owners' manual, Mercon LV.  You can find the data sheet on it online, such as at:
https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/main/additionalinfo/Product%20Data%20Sheet%20MERCON%20LV.pdf
Thank you transmission heater for sure

Gjkrisa

So I ordered two 150 watt heater pads one for the oil pan one for transmission. Bought the exterior plug not sure where I want to stick it also going to get two 9" transport lights from vision x probably end of October for that. I got a cool little plug box that I'm going to weather seal.
Bought black gasket maker because it's great stuff oil resistance.
Just saw I got 3.5 oz guess I'll be going to AutoZone for more anyways

Oh yea and a carbon air filter hopefully it will keep me from smelling people's gas that's using 91 octane when they can't burn it fully.

Rockstar04

Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 16, 2016, 07:13:23 PM

Quote from: thmullan on August 16, 2016, 05:01:18 PM
As a born and raised Canadian I have seen 42 winters and temps down to -50c.
I have a garage, but when I'm elsewhere I plug my vehicles in once I see that temps are going to get below  -25 to -30.  I will also use gasoline line antifreeze on occasion and use synthetic oil.
I have never used an oil pan heater, adjusted my anti-freeze ratio etc.

I've never needed to adjust my radiator fluid but I usually fill it with straight antifreeze but this is my first turbo car and plan to keep this one for life most likely.
I have never thought of needing to use heet as my vehicle has never had much of a problem starting but maybe that would of saved me from blowing my intake.
I have left a full bottle of Preston antifreeze out in the winter just to see how it gets at cold temps and it was frozen solid at -45f I looked at my over fill and it didn't look frozen so I don't know what voodoo is going on.
But why is everyone trying to tell me not to spend money on winter protection. I usually wouldn't do much and haven't with old cars but this one I'm choosing to baby it as much as I can and still drive the s*** out of it.

I dont think people are telling you NOT to do it, but that it may not really be required. If it gives you piece of mind, go for it 100%.

Here are two articles I have pulled up about some of the testing Ford does, specifically about their cold weather testing.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/08/13/going-to-extremes-fords-cold-weather-testing.html
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29785916/extreme-weather-testing-keeps-ford-cars-and-trucks-at-peak-performance
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

ZSHO

There should be many Ford PI Interceptors in your neck of woods and would be nice to get there inside perspective,standpoint on dealing with the situation on hand...a couple of coffee's can certainly go a long way,just my 2 cent.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Quote from: Rockstar04 on August 24, 2016, 09:58:11 AM
Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 16, 2016, 07:13:23 PM

Quote from: thmullan on August 16, 2016, 05:01:18 PM
As a born and raised Canadian I have seen 42 winters and temps down to -50c.
I have a garage, but when I'm elsewhere I plug my vehicles in once I see that temps are going to get below  -25 to -30.  I will also use gasoline line antifreeze on occasion and use synthetic oil.
I have never used an oil pan heater, adjusted my anti-freeze ratio etc.

I've never needed to adjust my radiator fluid but I usually fill it with straight antifreeze but this is my first turbo car and plan to keep this one for life most likely.
I have never thought of needing to use heet as my vehicle has never had much of a problem starting but maybe that would of saved me from blowing my intake.
I have left a full bottle of Preston antifreeze out in the winter just to see how it gets at cold temps and it was frozen solid at -45f I looked at my over fill and it didn't look frozen so I don't know what voodoo is going on.
But why is everyone trying to tell me not to spend money on winter protection. I usually wouldn't do much and haven't with old cars but this one I'm choosing to baby it as much as I can and still drive the s*** out of it.

I dont think people are telling you NOT to do it, but that it may not really be required. If it gives you piece of mind, go for it 100%.

Here are two articles I have pulled up about some of the testing Ford does, specifically about their cold weather testing.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2015/08/13/going-to-extremes-fords-cold-weather-testing.html
http://www.wdrb.com/story/29785916/extreme-weather-testing-keeps-ford-cars-and-trucks-at-peak-performance
Vehicles might have started in the cold although not sure if that is true and if they weighted ten hours before trying to start them at -40
8 hrs at -40 I could start my 05 Ford focus without plugging but at 10 hrs oil would be to cold battery had amazing power oddly.
But the stress of oil at that temp can not be good.
But thank you here in prudhoe bay all vehicles are plugged in over night.

Rockstar04

Quote from: Gjkrisa on August 24, 2016, 10:14:55 AM
Quote from: Rockstar04 on August 24, 2016, 09:58:11 AM

Vehicles might have started in the cold although not sure if that is true and if they weighted ten hours before trying to start them at -40
8 hrs at -40 I could start my 05 Ford focus without plugging but at 10 hrs oil would be to cold battery had amazing power oddly.
But the stress of oil at that temp can not be good.
But thank you here in prudhoe bay all vehicles are plugged in over night.

If it was me, I would try to get a nice oil pan heating pad, and battery heater and call it good. I just picked up a 2016 Expo Sport, and I plan on keeping it forever as well, so things like this make sense to me, you invest $100-$300 now and hopefully extend the life of the motor a few years.
2016 Explorer Sport - Bone Stock

ZSHO

The Time has finally come to SHO OFF my new build certificate which only took a week to arrive.  Z ;) /img] /img]

SHOdded

BlueSHO

So am I reading that correct that 1808 SHO's in 2012 and 7592 SHO's in 2013 were built?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

ZSHO