• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

Egypt Sheets!

I was sitting down writing pros and cons on the SHO--looks like next week I am going to do the H&R springs, cam bolts (thanks bpd!), and TSW wheels. I'm hoping to then turn around and sell my flower power wheels for a decent price and get the LMS catless downpipe.

I've gone over this in my head -- I don't think emissions will fail without cats. It seems like PA just plugs into OBDII for CEL's and that's it. I don't know for sure, I know in Texas they actually put a probe in your tail pipe and that will tell if you have a cat or not. Andy says I can hit 400awhp with cat version, but what does that mean if I want to go even higher down road? I wish someone had a magic 8-ball that actually said "you're good."

One other question! Since I am doing the downpipe now, should I go ahead and put in the 170 thermo? since I have to pay labor for the pipes?

$4600 in parts so far -- sure adds up FAST.

*Edit; talked to my friend who is service manager at Ford--I'm going with cat version of LMS. I wouldn't pass testing; apparently OBDII would show some cat readiness error or something. LMS says I can still do 400awhp with cats, so might as well stay legal.

PopolZ

2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR, Pearl Black Metallic - a few goodies

darreli

Quote from: geswek on July 14, 2013, 07:37:05 PM
Egypt Sheets!

I was sitting down writing pros and cons on the SHO--looks like next week I am going to do the H&R springs, cam bolts (thanks bpd!), and TSW wheels. I'm hoping to then turn around and sell my flower power wheels for a decent price and get the LMS catless downpipe.

I've gone over this in my head -- I don't think emissions will fail without cats. It seems like PA just plugs into OBDII for CEL's and that's it. I don't know for sure, I know in Texas they actually put a probe in your tail pipe and that will tell if you have a cat or not. Andy says I can hit 400awhp with cat version, but what does that mean if I want to go even higher down road? I wish someone had a magic 8-ball that actually said "you're good."

One other question! Since I am doing the downpipe now, should I go ahead and put in the 170 thermo? since I have to pay labor for the pipes?

$4600 in parts so far -- sure adds up FAST.

*Edit; talked to my friend who is service manager at Ford--I'm going with cat version of LMS. I wouldn't pass testing; apparently OBDII would show some cat readiness error or something. LMS says I can still do 400awhp with cats, so might as well stay legal.

I have the catted version..it was like 1-2 hp difference..not a big deal..I don't like the raw smell of fuel you get un-catted. I'm over 400hp so there's no worries on that

PopolZ

next step, wash, clay bar,  polish, sealant and wax...

that's going to be a looooooooooooong day!
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, non-PP, Steel Blue #243 of 301 - Custom tune by Torrie@Unleashed, PPE non-catted downpipes, custom 3rd cat & resonator delete, water/meth injection, HKS SSQV3 BOV and Carbotech AX6 brake pads.

DJE624

I'll be anxious to see that blue all polished up.  Have fun with it.

geswek

Quote from: darreli on July 14, 2013, 10:45:02 PMI have the catted version..it was like 1-2 hp difference..not a big deal..I don't like the raw smell of fuel you get un-catted. I'm over 400hp so there's no worries on that

Thanks!

Cat version it is.

PopolZ

1-2hp is the difference between 12.000 and 11.999 :-[

mval

Went to another Ford car show & again nothing much in my class so will post from it still looking to do something on the black plastic hood cover. One guy suggested drapping something over it. Don't want to pay money to buy a 2nd one & have it painted what I want. You Chi-town guys will love this the Chicgo Bulls emblem of course without mention of Chicago. I found a Bulls Yard flag that is right size that I can drap over it. What do you all think?
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

SHOdded

Maybe printed on, with a hologram effect?  Bull could snort out CHICAGO ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

geswek

I got baby back from the dealership. They installed the thrush washers on front half shafts per the TSB. I got home; it still makes noise at certain points of range when I turn wheels sitting in a parking spot. The documentation says it's supposed to reduce it but does not remove it entirely. It apparently is due to "gap" and that the PTU is making the noise when rotating the wheels.

Oh well --

DJE624

You might just have to get used to it, if it isn't harming anything.  I don't know.  It sucks.

mval

shodded- not in St Louis it couldn't unless I wanted to get thrown out of the show
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

geswek

It's hard to hear out in environment. I can just hear it really well inside a parking garage because everything bounces off walls.

Needmoreboost

Just washed the entire car and got the bugs off the front end.  This car really gets a lot more attention than I thought it would.  Also electrical taped any exposed wiring under the hood. 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

SoCalSHO

Had strut/shock replaced. Had Corsa exhaust installed.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH