• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Front coil/shocks install

Started by Bklynite, November 14, 2021, 11:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bklynite

Hello, to all.

I've been looking on line but cant find the answer to these two questions, I hope you guys can help me out.
#1 - when reassembling [size=78%] the front coil springs onto the shock how tight does the bolt need to be? is there a specific [/size]lbs.[size=78%] of [/size]torch, or[size=78%] do [/size]I[size=78%] tighten it with the impact gun until the gun reaches its limit?[/size]
[size=78%]#2 - there is an arrow stamp on the top plate, in what direction is it supposed to point? towards the block or pointing outward? [/size]

[size=78%] Thank you for your help.[/size]
[size=78%] [/size]

2011 SHO - Catless 2.5 Downpipes, GH Intercooler, K&N air filter, JLT Cath Can, H&R Coil Springs

ridered74

I just tightened with impact as tight as it would go.

As for the arrow, I want to say it points towards the engine but I don't remember for sure. The four top bolts will only fit thru the frame in one direction, so if you get all four to peep thru, you have it right. I would use the end link mount point as your frame of reference for lining it up correctly when you put it back on.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

Ta2dResqr

#1 - 98 ft-lb
#2 - To maintain wheel camber: position the notch and arrow on the upper strut mount outboard opposite the center of the mounting flanges on the strut.
       To adjust camber +0.5 degrees: position the notch and arrow on the upper strut mount inboard aligned with the center of the mounting flanges on the strut.
Lucy Ford 2015 Ruby Red Tinted Clearcoat Metallic, GearHead AO Performance Tuned - SCT X4, GearHead Intercooler, 3-Bar MAP, EPP Hot Pipes (Plum Crazy), EPP Dual Intake (Plum Crazy), AD Mounts, MSD Coils, JLT Oil Separator, 160 Thermostat, Ortiz Performance Battery Hold Down (Plum Crazy), Hellcat LPFP, 255/45R20 DSW06 Plus, Sync3 Conversion, CYANLabs Syn3, FMods, Jail Broke APIM, Infinity Kappa Speakers, Speaker Baffles, Whelen POV Response Package - (Inner Edge FST, Inner Edge RST, Sidekick, Tracer, LINV2, IONV3, HHS 200W, Howler 200W), Z-Flash, Full LED Swap, Drive Bright DRL Kit, Drive Bright Puddle Light Kit, Ford Sunroof Visor, Window Chrome Delete, OSRAM XENARC Night Breaker Laser, FORScan, OBDLink, Ford Cargo Organizer