March 25, 2019, 05:27:37 AM
collapse
collapse

Author Topic: Info needed Catch can system  (Read 257 times)

Offline mcrmb1

• Lucky
  • : Se Oklahoma
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
  • -Received: 1
  • Ecobooster
Info needed Catch can system
« on: March 18, 2019, 04:09:35 AM »
Has anyone tried one of the TEAM RXP 2019 HEAT EXCHANGED FULL BILLET SERVICEABLE ULTIMATE CATCH CAN SYSTEM yet. Was going to go with the RX DUAL VALVE CATCH CAN FORD FLEX 2009-2019 KIT for $400 dollars. When I went to website and seen the new 2019 model but its $170 dollars more. Was wondering if it's worth the extra money? If there is a better way to go let me know.

Thank You ahead of time
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

Offline 802SHO

• : Essex Junction Vermont
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 571
  • -Received: 243
  • Boosted
Re: Info needed Catch can system
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 02:04:44 AM »
I have a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and I thought that was a lof money for a catch can.  The new RX Hear Exchange Catch Can system is definitely very well developed....heat exchanger to keep crud from freezing in colder climates.  But is it worth nearly $600?  I think of designs like the JLT catch can that are very inexpensive and they do catch oil/fuel vapors...so even cheaper less intricate designs do work.  And then I think about Livernois Motorsports newly released catch can system that is also relatively less involved than even my UPR system and it makes me think, "If a company like Livernois Motorsports and Engineering didn't feel it necessary to construct theirs similar to some of the other most expensive....maybe it isn't necessary." 

Now I'm not saying it doesn't indeed work and perform as advertised I'm just curious if its necessary to "go" that far?  And when a company like Livernois comes out with their version, to me, sort of makes me think its not all that necessary.  Aside from that "theory" it really is hard to know for sure.  But the new 2019 RX kit is certainly a step above as far as engineering and development that went into their kit.  Its like they built a lot that has it all so to speak.  If you do drop the +$500 to get this kit you will certainly have the best kit on the market.  But is it necessary?  For that kind of money, not knowing for sure if it's needed would have me spending that money else where.  IMHO.
2010 SHO non PP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, SP534 .028, 160 T, Airaid Intake, 3bar, Thunderstorm Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" catback w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Mickey Thompson 20x9 SC-5 Wheels, Continental Extreme Contact DW tires F: 245/40/20 R: 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, Tuned by AJP Turbo

11.833 @ 116.82 New England Dragway 10/14/18 AJP Turbo No DA Correction

Offline sm105k

• : Arizona
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 193
  • -Received: 211
  • Land Yacht Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 11:36:20 AM »
I have a UPR Dual Valve Catch Can and I thought that was a lof money for a catch can.  The new RX Hear Exchange Catch Can system is definitely very well developed....heat exchanger to keep crud from freezing in colder climates.  But is it worth nearly $600?  I think of designs like the JLT catch can that are very inexpensive and they do catch oil/fuel vapors...so even cheaper less intricate designs do work.  And then I think about Livernois Motorsports newly released catch can system that is also relatively less involved than even my UPR system and it makes me think, "If a company like Livernois Motorsports and Engineering didn't feel it necessary to construct theirs similar to some of the other most expensive....maybe it isn't necessary." 

Now I'm not saying it doesn't indeed work and perform as advertised I'm just curious if its necessary to "go" that far?  And when a company like Livernois comes out with their version, to me, sort of makes me think its not all that necessary.  Aside from that "theory" it really is hard to know for sure.  But the new 2019 RX kit is certainly a step above as far as engineering and development that went into their kit.  Its like they built a lot that has it all so to speak.  If you do drop the +$500 to get this kit you will certainly have the best kit on the market.  But is it necessary?  For that kind of money, not knowing for sure if it's needed would have me spending that money else where.  IMHO.

I agree 100% with the assessment above.  There are varying designs and all seem to work as advertised. 
2013 SHO PP, AJPTurbo E30 Tune, GH Intercooler, UPR Catch Can, H&R Springs, Power Stop Brakes. Tune Only: 12.56@108.98, 391HP and 470TQ

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • : New York SHO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1318
  • -Received: 3017
  • Trap Speed of almost 116 mph.
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 03:28:31 PM »

Agreed! Bit Pricey for an OCC and rather spend the extra Funds on an upgraded IC IMO! Z
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 06:47:20 AM by ZSHO »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|Airaid-Dry-flow-CAI|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Offline shoNoff

• : NH
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Received: 233
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 04:21:56 PM »
If you spend $600 on a catch can hit me up. I have some ocean front property in Las Vegas you might interested in for a steal.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 100 tune

Offline mcrmb1

• Lucky
  • Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 08:54:28 PM »
Well i'm just looking for a way to get the oil and gunk out of my intercooler just want to do it right the first time...what should go with ???
2010 Ford Flex Limited 3.5L Eco-boost Upgraded Timing and water pump to 2012 version

Offline ZSHO

• Forum Supporter
  • RotM Winner
  • Elite Member
  • : New York SHO
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1318
  • -Received: 3017
  • Trap Speed of almost 116 mph.
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 03:27:36 AM »
I think MiWiAu has an RXP OCC coming Up for sale IIRC @ Cost!
Shoot him a Pm.  :)
Best of luck to ya. Z

Mid Page

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,299.6165.html
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 03:50:53 AM by ZSHO »

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|Airaid-Dry-flow-CAI|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Offline 802SHO

• Thank You
  • Boosted
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 03:28:03 AM »
Well i'm just looking for a way to get the oil and gunk out of my intercooler just want to do it right the first time...what should go with ???

If you really want the RX 2019 kit then you should get it if that's what you really want.  We're just saying it's a lot of money to drop on a catch can kit but ultimately its your choice.  All the kits out there do work so its up to you.  I bought the UPR kit and I have no complaints.  Others have bought the Livernois kit or JLT with no complaints as well.  I think it's worth having for sure.  Which one you want is up to you.  Some people think meth alone is enough to clean the intake valves but I still wanted a kit.  It does catch a little.  Not as much as I thought it would but that's good right?  I think bc it cost about $400 I subconsciously expected to see it catch a ton...to somehow justify the price lol.  Well it works so I'm happy. 
2010 SHO non PP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, SP534 .028, 160 T, Airaid Intake, 3bar, Thunderstorm Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" catback w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Mickey Thompson 20x9 SC-5 Wheels, Continental Extreme Contact DW tires F: 245/40/20 R: 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge, Tuned by AJP Turbo

Offline 802SHO

• Thank You
  • Boosted
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 03:35:30 AM »
The new GearHead upgraded intercooler not only has more volume but also has a drain....

Offline shoNoff

• : NH
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Received: 233
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 06:08:28 PM »

If you really want the RX 2019 kit then you should get it if that's what you really want.  We're just saying it's a lot of money to drop on a catch can kit but ultimately its your choice.  All the kits out there do work so its up to you.  I bought the UPR kit and I have no complaints.  Others have bought the Livernois kit or JLT with no complaints as well.  I think it's worth having for sure.  Which one you want is up to you.  Some people think meth alone is enough to clean the intake valves but I still wanted a kit.  It does catch a little.  Not as much as I thought it would but that's good right?  I think bc it cost about $400 I subconsciously expected to see it catch a ton...to somehow justify the price lol.  Well it works so I'm happy.

Very well said and basically my exact point minus the jackassery. My dad runs a jlt on his ecoboost mustang great results. Not saying it’s the best or worst. To each their own, all are going to perform and do the job they are intended to do.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 100 tune

Offline mcrmb1

• Lucky
  • Thank You
  • Ecobooster
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2019, 06:43:06 PM »
Well my brother's friend gave me one for free and if it don't work good then I will dish out some cash.

Thank You Everyone For The Info.

* Featured Topics

* Recent Topics

Re: First new year outing guesses 3/24
by Jordan | Today at 04:50:44 AM
Here is an unedited video of the fastest run of the day.https://www.yo...
Re: Catch can,air/oil seperator, vent to atmosphere?
by ZSHO | Today at 04:00:28 AM
Here are a couple PICS of the CFM PERFORMANCE BILLET VALVE COVER BREAT...
Re: Dead 100% battery symptoms??
by 802SHO | Today at 02:42:22 AM
Ok...Money no object!!!!!  HHEHEHE.  Has anyone else seen th...
Re: Transmission drain and fill
by BlueSHO | March 24, 2019, 08:15:58 PM
I think he was asking about a drain and fill which I believe is about ...
Re: What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?
by Jordan | March 24, 2019, 06:15:08 PM
What was the Total in weight reduction ? Znot sure, but let's say...
Re: Help me Diagnose Knocking Sound
by abs | March 24, 2019, 05:46:28 PM
Thanks all for the replies.  I've been running 5w-30 full sy...
Re: 15 SHO F/R Brake Torque Specs
by SHODOWN | March 24, 2019, 12:17:38 PM
Nick thank you so much this is awesome...great addition to the GT info...
Re: Gearhead E30 vs Livernois E30 MIR 03/17/2019
by sm105k | March 23, 2019, 10:49:00 PM
Last I heard, as of a few days ago, all IC's on hand have been so...
Re: Tune for 2019 Flex
by Zxtman | March 23, 2019, 06:18:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.  I now see I have a couple of optio...
Re: BENDIX & WAGNER Rotors!
by ZSHO | March 23, 2019, 01:44:12 PM
Brake Pad “Break in procedure for “Severe Duty” vehicles” Bulletin BPI...
Re: OEM Brake Endurance
by FoMoCoSHO | March 23, 2019, 11:35:01 AM
No worries......2010 to 2012 GEN42013 to current GEN5 The EBC's w...
Re: New member from Massachusetts
by 18SHO | March 23, 2019, 07:26:31 AM
  Hello everyone!!. I've been a long time owner of the SHO ...
Re: Articles on Engine Design
by SHOdded | March 23, 2019, 05:38:05 AM
Vehicle Miles Traveled vs VOC Emissions TLThttps://www.ecoboostperform...
Re: Struts going bad...Suggestions?
by Sabtaj1 | March 23, 2019, 02:10:42 AM
Are you sure its the struts?  Say if you are driving over 40mph a...
Re: Going Back to the 1/4!
by ajpturbo | March 22, 2019, 04:33:08 PM
Nice Job! 81 degrees in FLorida and almost 110mph on a 93 tune is not ...