• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ST ordering q's

Started by JimiJak, May 14, 2014, 06:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

I know there are a number of members that either have an ST in the stable, or maybe bought one for their kids, or even looked into buying one themselves and ended up with a SHO.

I'm thinking of picking one up for a fun commuter that I can mod... Anyone have any suggestions on what options / packages to look for or stay away from when ordering? ie. make sure you get the ST3 or whatever...

TIA
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

panther427

Biggest thing I have seen is the recaro seats. I would take a longer test Driver. See what you think of them. Personally I loved them. Would install them into my sho
2013 SHO

yowen

That's the same thing I've heard. I've heard very varied opinions on them, so I'd make sure to test out the seats both ways.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

geswek

Seats turned me off; if you're not as big as a straw--they kind annoy the piss out of you after awhile.

panther427

Aww I like a tight fitting seat.  It's like the car is giving you are hug.
2013 SHO

geswek

OH I do too....

Those Recaro's are a little tiny compared to other Recaro equipped vehicles (Mustang, EVO, the R3 I owned).

Probably space issue with ST; but yeah on long drives if you're not a string bean, it could get really really frustrating.

FoMoCoSHO

The seats would be great for track day...not so much on a DD.

I did walk in for the ST but drove the SHO home.

Something else that was weird, the test drive made my better half carsick which has never happened in any other vehicle.

I've also noticed an excessive amount of used ST's on the dealer lot, very lightly used with low miles, which makes me wonder if others have found them hard to live with on a daily basis.

panther427

Ya they are very track focused cars.  Between the seats and stiff ride I bet some people tire quickly.   I had my wife sold on them.  We both love the optional seats. But my Audi's had recaro seats too so I'm used to that style of seat.
2013 SHO

geswek

I don't mind Recaro's; just not those.

Recaro's in Mustang or EVO I can deal with -- it may just be size of car. It's tiny so not like they can put a better fitting Recaro in there LOL.

My buddy has one as a daily and he loves it -- he's also like 75 lbs LOL.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: geswek on May 14, 2014, 10:26:57 AM
I don't mind Recaro's; just not those.

Recaro's in Mustang or EVO I can deal with -- it may just be size of car. It's tiny so not like they can put a better fitting Recaro in there LOL.

My buddy has one as a daily and he loves it -- he's also like 75 lbs LOL.
Remember Storm is 6'6"+ and 300+ pounds, probably not your normal size guy to fit in a Focus ST
Storm you're not supposed to try and fit into these cars man, it just doesn't work!
:D
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

6'5 and 283.4 lbs now thank you! :)

explorergotoluvit

go with a wrx awesome new plat form and so many parts for modding and having the accessport is sweet but they offer one for the st to though. Awd is amazing it might even make you hate the sports awd hahah.
Dont think the interior will be as nice as the st but close
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

SwampRat

Quote from: explorergotoluvit on May 14, 2014, 11:29:43 AM
go with a wrx awesome new plat form and so many parts for modding and having the accessport is sweet but they offer one for the st to though. Awd is amazing it might even make you hate the sports awd hahah.
Dont think the interior will be as nice as the st but close

Subaru's are boy toys ....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

coop6

How would the seats fit a 5'10" 200lbs guy?  I'm in between Focus ST 13/14, Sho 10-12, or Mustang gt 11-13.  Not really wanting to spend over 22k.  OP, let me know how you like the ST when you test drive it.

FoMoCoSHO

5'8" 165 and hated them.