• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Getting my PTU flushed today

Started by jcl78, April 15, 2014, 03:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

I'm going to fill it I think... by the looks of the components it looks like it needs to be.

This is a pain in the ass no doubt. You need thin arms for this. It was easier to put headers on my stang than this... or maybe my tolerance for these kinda things has grown thin.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

SHOnUup

Would a mechanics well be helpful in doing this. Have one in the pole barn that I haven't used yet.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Think I read somewhere you can overfill these...not good...but I've read so much on this car  it's all blending together and I could be wrong
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

wasinger3000

Quote from: SHOnUup on July 09, 2014, 09:58:41 PM
Would a mechanics well be helpful in doing this. Have one in the pole barn that I haven't used yet.
Most definitely. I can barely get my arms twisted in the right way. It's frustrating.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

SHOnUup

Ok...just read to keep it level when filling...good luck...35k on mine now and it's bothering me to see what it looks like

wasinger3000

Thick sludge on the plug.

I put in 10 ounces to the top. Seems correct now.

SHOnUup

No need to service...hmmmm...

That's got to improve performance somewhat

Congrats on the successful project...