• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

911 need Tire reccomendation fast

Started by Txstrmhntr, May 15, 2014, 09:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txstrmhntr

Susposed to go to the track tomorrow night, picked up a nail in left front tonight. No GY F1's in stock in the area, but I can get a couple other tires,

Kumho Ecsta 4x

BfGoodrich g-Force Sport Comp-2

Michelin Pilot Super Sport (kinda pricy)

Id be replacing all 4 tires
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

Txstrmhntr

Found a set of Nitto Motivo 245/45R20 think im going to go with them
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection

jayskycj

Man looks like you have made a choice but I just installed new Michelin Pilot Sport AS/3's.  My god what a tire!  Unfortunately they were over $1100, but well worth it in my opinion.
2010 LMS Mycal 4X3Bar with K&N typhoon, 170 tstat, 534 plugs gapped .030, PPE Downpipes, magnaflow X Pipe and stock mufflers. Eibach Springs and Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3.

kinder

I'm a fan of Hankook Ventus R-S3

As long as you don't need wet weather tires they perform great and are usually cheap!
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Txstrmhntr

Im sacrificing the ability to really shop around by trying to get tires within a 24hr window. Dont want to miss my date at the track tomorrow night. Nitto motivo's look like the perform pretty well
OLD

SHODYOU

Goimg to give up a lot of traction/handling by going to the Motivo. Soft sidewall will wide better but respond slower and def won't handle like the f1

Of tires listed id take Comp2's all day... esp for the money saved vs PSS.
I have them on an old Mustang and really like em.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

Txstrmhntr

Went up to discount this morning, Checked out the bfgoodrich comp2's and the nitto motivo's. Guy was there with a grandsport vette, he has the motivos and says there the stickiest all season he has found and the tread life so far had been superb. As far as handling the difference between the motivos and the Invo's he had on prior to them is there but the tradeoff is apparently worth the increased tread life. He occasionally tracks the car and he hasnt seen a major loss in his lap times with the motivos and they actually perform better in the wet than the summer tires did. Says it feels a little less secure on high speed cornering but its manageable. As far as dry straightline traction he says they were very comparable. So I pulled the trigger on some 255/45R20 Motivos having them put on at 3pm. Ill give updates as they wear down and let you guys know how they perform.
OLD

yowen

If you don't mind sharing, what did the Motivo's set you back?
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

Txstrmhntr

193.00 a tire plus all the extras (tpms rebuild, tire replacement plan, mount and balance and tax) 1147.00 out the door with 100.00 rebate card coming in the mail so 1047.00 out of pocket
OLD

SHODYOU

Hope you like em, should def wear well. The invo comparison isn't saying much imo tho, the invo doesn't rate very well.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

Txstrmhntr

I'm sure anything will wear better than the f1s I only got a solid 16k out of them.
OLD

Lanson

Wait a second..  A guy with a Vette put Motivos on?  Wow. 

Just wow.

Let's be real for a moment.  Its a great all-season tire, probably one of the best available right now I'd say, but it isn't a track tire by any stretch.  Its a standard, quality, all-season sporty tire with pretty a great tread warranty. 

It is what it is.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

Txstrmhntr

Don't knock em to hard. I'm cutting 1.8x 60's on em right now. And solidly in the 12 sec club now :) I'll load slips when I get home tonight got a couple more runs left.
OLD