• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blue Coolant?

Started by jtoddk98, May 12, 2014, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Yeah just use distilled water. You won't be putting in enough to offset the coolants effectiveness. Just don't put more than a gallon in. You could always just put in a bottle of coolant additive, it will most likely be enough to get the coolant level up to where you need.

A lot of people use it. Only thing with the specific brand "redline water wetter" is in some ford's it will cause a brown sludge to form. So I tested a few different brands and found that lucas oil's coolant additive was the safest for the sho. It didn't cause any formations or discoloration. In my tests.

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

Got a thing of distiller water. Will put it in when the cars cold tomorrow morning. Temp went to 203 at a traffic light today. Fans running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ShoBoat

On mine I saw temps in the mid 190's all the time. 203 isn't all that bad considering where you live. What is the highest temp you have seen? I went with the 170 stat and mine ranges from 178 to 185 now. But I have seen it go to 190 occasionally.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

panther427

Did you try royal purples coolant additive?? My car did hit 210 at the end of the quarter mile. Other than that 200 is normal for stop and go with air con on.
2013 SHO

jtoddk98

I topped it up with distilled water. Didn't take much. Car already had the BG additives

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

wasinger3000

Quote from: jtoddk98 on June 21, 2014, 05:03:47 PM
I topped it up with distilled water. Didn't take much. Car already had the BG additives

The BG coolant additive only revitalizes coolant. The others aid the cooling system on a chemical level.

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

avidmotion

Going to change n flush my coolant. I have a 2013 SHO with PP. It has the orange coolant now. What is the current best fluid for my car. Stock thermo, NJ weather and 67,500 miles.
Thanks
Sp542@.028, windstorm CAI, MSD coils, AO GH TUNE, GH intercooler, All Amsoil, General Gmax-rs summer tires, +PP, PP PADS,EDC rotors, Colinite 476s wax, used PPE DPs, Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete with custom X pipe, Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts|, 3 bar, stock thermostat,  TRACY LEWIS DESIGNED Team RXP, the Original oil separator.

ZSHO

Quote from: avidmotion on July 21, 2018, 11:49:25 AM
Going to change n flush my coolant. I have a 2013 SHO with PP. It has the orange coolant now. What is the current best fluid for my car. Stock thermo, NJ weather and 67,500 miles.
Thanks
The Motorcraft orange coolant is specifically made for the 13 SHO & wouldn't use any other alternative especially if you have warranty IMHO! 
I had my coolant flushed out twice,both @ 30K intervals.  Z

$19.60 with Promo-Code

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/ford,2014,taurus,3.5l+v6+turbocharged,3300371,cooling+system,coolant+/+antifreeze,11393

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Orange coolant is fine provided you change it within 5 yrs or 50k miles.  Or if you really really want to, you can switch to Peak Universal Extended Life coolant.  Same intervals.  50/50 should be fine.  Key is keeping coolant fresh.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!