• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blue Coolant?

Started by jtoddk98, May 12, 2014, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoSHO

Look up the Powerstop top cop.

Let me know if you are successful, I've had a helluva time finding them.

SHOdded

According to a search, for 2010-2012 SHO (at http://ecustomhitch.com and http://store.trailers.com/):

Power Stop - K5507-37 Power Stop 1-Click Top Cop Brake Kits Front
Power Stop - K4744-37 Power Stop 1-Click Top Cop Brake Kits Rear
Power Stop - K5508-37 Power Stop 1-Click Top Cop Brake Kits Front And Rear

12.79 in. Front/12.99 in. Rear Silver Zinc Plated Cross-Drilled And Slotted Rotors w/Z37 Brake Pads

Pads alone:  Front: Z37-1158, Rear: Z37-1377
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

Got it changed out. Its dark green now. My dealer is a BG dealer so they added all the BG additives to the coolant. They told me that some cheep advance auto stuff was in there and it was good that I changed it out for the correct stuff. Now, I just need brakes.
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

panther427

Glad you got it changed out for the proper coolant
2013 SHO

jtoddk98

Found one of my old android phones, installed torque. I have noticed that my coolant temps are high compared to others. On the highway cruising at 70, it's at about 200. If I let off the gas, it drops down to the normal 190ish. If I'm really on it, or in traffic, it can go upwards of 210. Does this mean I have air in my system from the coolant flush?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

FoMoCoSHO

I never see temps like that unless I've been sitting in the staging area at the track for a while.

jtoddk98

Yeah. I have no clue why it's so high. How do you bleed the cooling system on these? I wonder if there are some air bubbles still

SHOdded

What are your ambient temps when you are taking note of the coolant temps?  Are you running your A/C all the time?  Do the radiator fans kick in at the appropriate time?  Good idea to check for air pockets, but may also be a candidate for a 170/160 tstat, with a tune that accounts for it.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

jtoddk98

Ambient is usually high 80s low 90s here in Florida. A/C is always on. No clue about the fans. Am planning on getting a tune from unleashed this summer, possibly with a 3 bar map. Maybe I should go with the tstat too? Just worried about my Ford Premium care warranty...

SHOdded

I'd talk to Torrie and see if he can adjust the stock tune to turn the fans on earlier, without changing anything else.  Changing something as simple as a TStat wouldn't void the warranty, i don't think, unless you are extremely irresponsible in some way.  If anything, you are helping the longevity of the engine/transmission by keeping temps low.

Been a month now.  Coolant still dark green?

jtoddk98

Just went out to check my coolant level. Car is cold. It's down below the cold range. What can I use to top it up?

wasinger3000

Doesn't look to be seriously low. If you don't have the recommended coolant laying around you can just top it off with water. Just make sure you use a coolant tester to make sure your freeze level is correct for your area.

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

jtoddk98

Distilled water correct? Is it ok to top up with water without throwing off the coolant properties? Doesn't freeze down in Florida so that's not a problem. Just don't want to promote corrosion or leave deposits in my system

SHOdded

Distilled water should work fine.