• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Blue Coolant?

Started by jtoddk98, May 12, 2014, 10:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

When cleaning under the hood today, I noticed my car has a dark blue coolant. I know the car was in a minor front end accident. all the parts were replaced with Ford Genuine. I thought Fords had a orangeish reddish coolant. Is my blue stuff crap that I should get flushed out quickly, or am I ok?
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

FracaSHO

I have green in my 2010 SHO. You sure it wasn't green?

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

SHOdded

Not looking at the windshield fluid reservoir by any chance?  Just asking!  If you can post a pic, that would help us see what's going on.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I know the earlier sho has the green coolant,then on the later models they started using the orange,i would look at the manuel or go to ford,com,maybe the dumb*** added windshield fluid on top of radiator coolant.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

POPSTAGE2

looked up in "Mitchell On Demand" which is what we use at my NAPA Store for our customers and I will quote.

"Twin Turbocharger; Motorcraft Specialty Green Engine Coolant or Motorcraft Specialty Orange Engine Coolant."
"Add the coolant type originally equipped in the vehicle. Check the coolant reservoir bottle labeling for the correct fluid type."
11.4QTS

That's word for word...
99 500HP LIGHTNING
03 SD 6.0
14 EXPLORER SPORT
AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER MUSCLE / DRAG CARS

FracaSHO

Quote from: POPSTAGE2 on May 13, 2014, 12:50:26 PM
looked up in "Mitchell On Demand" which is what we use at my NAPA Store for our customers and I will quote.

"Twin Turbocharger; Motorcraft Specialty Green Engine Coolant or Motorcraft Specialty Orange Engine Coolant."
"Add the coolant type originally equipped in the vehicle. Check the coolant reservoir bottle labeling for the correct fluid type."
11.4QTS

That's word for word...

That's whats owners manual says. There is no label on coolant reservoir bottle, at least on my car. Ford gave me orange. When I went to swap out my T stat, it was clearly green. So I had to go back.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad

SoCalSHO

Green coolant here, expensive.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

FracaSHO

Quote from: SoCalSHO on May 13, 2014, 02:02:19 PM

You are correct. Especially since it's not a 50/50 mix. But since I already bought the 50/50 orange and had to come back, they just took it back and handed me the green coolant. I had to add the water but hey, I saved some ca$h!

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad

SHO-Pa

Quote from: SoCalSHO on May 13, 2014, 02:02:19 PM

I have the green stuff in my 11. The reservoir has a pictogram showing "No Orange" coolant oddly enough.
2011 SHO - stock
2016 Explorer XLT 2.3L "4wd"
2018 Focus Titanium

jtoddk98

Ill get a picture when i get back in town this weekend. I know the car has all new radiators and intercoolers. The car went right into the back of a trailer hitch on an old pickup. punched a hole in the grille. Fixed using all ford genuine. I just don't know about the coolant. Its definitely not green or orange. Its dark blue. Like the color of the Ford emblem.
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOdded

Only addn'l thing I can think of is they put dye in it to check for leaks that turned the overall color a deep blue.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on May 14, 2014, 10:58:59 PM
Only addn'l thing I can think of is they put dye in it to check for leaks that turned the overall color a deep blue.
This gorgeous master certified adviser I happen to be sitting next to says the UV reflective coolant dye used is greenish/yellowish.

OP, she also said to get that blue shite out of your car ASAP.

JimiJak

Not sure if this helps, but back in my motocross / superbike days, we used to use a product called engine ice.
It was coolant with advanced heat dispersion properties... It was dark blue... And about $20/.5 gallons.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 14, 2014, 11:37:40 PM
Quote from: SHOdded on May 14, 2014, 10:58:59 PM
This gorgeous master certified adviser I happen to be sitting next to says the UV reflective coolant dye used is greenish/yellowish.

OP, she also said to get that blue shite out of your car ASAP.

Not a Ford tech... but gotta X2 based on the OM and warning stickers on my coolant reservoir.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jtoddk98

Currently sitting at dealer. Having the coolant flushed and oil changed. Also had them look at my brakes. Need pads and rotors for the front. The tears are fine. They want $334 to do it. I thought that's crazy. Is there any aftermarket brakes you would recommend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk