• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2010-13 black headlight housing !

Started by BDayks, May 10, 2014, 02:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BDayks

So I was looking at the newer body style and I love the front of the car specially the lights and grille and it got me thinking , I had recently plasti-dipped my grille black and my "parkingsidecourtesyfog" lights housing and to tie it all together I had to do the headlights too!.
So after 4 days (weekdays) of laughing, crying , drinking and cursing it was done!

.. Sorry about the attachment, posting off of my iPad still figuring it all out 

SHOdded

Well done, the color scheme ties together perfectly!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

Looks great!!! Do you have any pics at hood level?
Really want to see how it looks with the painted led bezels   

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

ShoBoat

Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

BiGMaC

Kudos!  :thumb: Very professional job.  Color scheme is great!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHODYOU

2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

BDayks

How to/Write up is coming. Here are two pics that show the side markers and vents a little better

bpd1151

Bravo! :clap2:

VERY well done! :ok:

Now the next step, is to re-bake them open a 2nd time, and add-in some well placed addt'l LED lighting.

Like either a ribbon of it along the horizontal lines that you left chrome (would look sinister and akin to the new 'Stangs)..... or elsewhere.

Advanced Automotive Concepts has got a WEALTH of lighting ideas / options.

n8rfastback

That is awesome! I need to do this asap. Waiting patiently for your write up....
2010 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

IA 5HO

Wow, that really changed the look of the front of the car.  Great job!

2013 SHO, Deep Impact Blue, 402A, PP
LED Conversion All Around, 5W CREE LED Puddle Lights, MDesign Carbon
Fiber Cold Air Intake, VLEDS V3 Triton Amber/Amber Switchback T/S

IHeartGroceries

Looks fantastic!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

REDSHOCGO

Nice I plasti dipped my front grill to was a real pita..... I think the key to proper coating is  to shake can vigorously and the amount of distance between the can and the place your spraying.  Looks great
2010 Red Candy Sho 402a option non/pp w/unleashed tune,3 bar map, k & N CAI, Corsa catback exhaust, tints 35% front 20% back vta conversion,plastidipped front grill (matteblack), Curva Concept C7 wheels w/20" toyo proxes +4 and Sony Xperia z running torque pro
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited tinted
2007 Pontiac G6 GTP cpe w/crab intake,Led sequential taillights, custom exhaust(now gone)

BDayks

Thanks for all the feedback! its nice to have your hard work appreciated I final got around to the how to so here is the link http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2913.msg43244.html#msg43244