• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HID Project Change

Started by geswek, May 12, 2014, 10:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

explorergotoluvit

LightWerkz is proud to offer these bulbs in their original retail packaging from Osram. We pride ourselves on being one of the last few distributors shipping genuine Philips & Osram lamps in the US. It is estimated that 80% of these bulbs sold through outlets such as eBay or Amazon are fakes.
2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

geswek

I emailed Lightwerkz; they don't have D3S on their site.

I'm having hard time finding 5k; only see 4300k and 4650k.

explorergotoluvit

2013 explorer sport
k&n H&R spring

explorergotoluvit

Quote from: geswek on May 13, 2014, 12:04:38 PM
I emailed Lightwerkz; they don't have D3S on their site.

I'm having hard time finding 5k; only see 4300k and 4650k.
If a price isnt a big deal im sure they can make you a wire harness for D2S or others
2013 explorer sport
k&n H&R spring

geswek

I prefer to keep it OEM if possible.

explorergotoluvit

Quote from: geswek on May 12, 2014, 10:18:54 PM

I guess my question is; do you guys think it's worth the investment to have much better lighting then the OEM setup? I'm thinking a different projector housing would be a good upgrade since OEM isn't that great.

Thoughts?
I guess i'm just trying to get across that upgrading projectors from oems that don't have good output is a hell of investment if you get a good projector i'm serious the output on a good projector is amazing and cut off lines/being wider then oems in most cases. Unless its german/Japanese cars. It is just so much better and im repeating my self but i have been through it my self I have had that crap that fords OEM puts out I really didn't think my limited had hid's because I was coming from my WRX that I retrofitted  h1's in. If you can tell kind passionate about this subject nothing better if you drive a lot in the dark and like lighting output
2013 explorer sport
k&n H&R spring

ShoBoat

D2S is not easily converted to D3S or vice versa. Ballasts and bulbs are needed. The Retrofit Source was blowing out some 6k D3S bulbs for $30 for the pair a while ago. 6k is a little to blue for my taste. If you google the color and D3S there are some available. Just not sure about the quality.
But I agree the OEM ford HID is not very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

geswek

I did some digging at OSRAM site and they don't make a D3S 5k HID bulb.

At least nothing I can find.

ShoBoat

Quote from: geswek on May 13, 2014, 02:37:52 PM
I did some digging at OSRAM site and they don't make a D3S 5k HID bulb.

At least nothing I can find.

They don't, the only way to get 5K is to buy a rebased bulb. They swap out the bulb for a 5K CBI bulb. Usually they are not cheap. Just ensure you buy from a known retailer as the eBay stuff is usually a rebase from a cheap off shore knock off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat