• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

HID Bulbs

Started by leverkyle, May 11, 2014, 08:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leverkyle

I've been lookin at replacing my oem halogen bulbs with some HIDs. Does anyone have experience with hidextra.com?

http://www.hidextra.com/h10-5000k-hid-kit/

There's a link to replacements for f150 fog light replacements.
2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
2.5" motofab leveling kit
BOV VTA

SHOdded

No personal experience with them, but I have heard positive things over on the Ford Edge Forum.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

leverkyle

Sweet thanks. I'm thinkin gettin some for heads and fogs. Oughta brighten up these candle stick halogens.
2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
BOV VTA

SHOdded

If you get 55w 5000k bulbs, make sure you run power directly off the battery or to a spare fuse underhood.  That power and wattage will give you a nice bright white light, but may not work well with the existing wiring to the fuse box for the halogen lighting.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

leverkyle

Quote from: SHOdded on May 12, 2014, 05:52:32 AM
If you get 55w 5000k bulbs, make sure you run power directly off the battery or to a spare fuse underhood.  That power and wattage will give you a nice bright white light, but may not work well with the existing wiring to the fuse box for the halogen lighting.
o thank you. Did not know that!
2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
BOV VTA

SHOdded

There are at least a couple of members on here who can help out with HID lighting.  LowerFrequencies and ShoBoat come to mind, don't mean to leave others out though.

leverkyle

2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
BOV VTA

panther427

Ya I have had some bad experience with upgraded lighting in cars that good bought with it done.  They swapped in higher Watt high beams but didn't do anything with the wiring.   I was living way out in the country then so good used my high beams a lot and for long periods of times.   Started having issues. Had a melted wires and connectors..  easy fix but could start a fire.  It's way easy to overload a wire with lights
2013 SHO

JimiJak

If the f-150 is the same as the XSport, you'll want a CanBus harness.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

leverkyle

2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
BOV VTA

ShoBoat

Do not run 55w hid in the oem halogen housing. You will in time burn the reflector. Even with a really good bulb it will still do it. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

leverkyle

Glad you said that!
2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
BOV VTA

SHOdded

MDesign Performance

What year is your vehicle? Might want to add that info to your sig.

If you have reflector housings it is technically illegal to install Xenon HID kits as they will blind oncoming drivers, if you have projectors I suggest a LED HID kit over standard Xenon.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-automotive-integrated-LED-headlight-lamp-conversion-kit-6000k-H10-HB3-HB4-/291140164990?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43c94e5d7e&vxp=mtr
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

leverkyle

2013 F150 Ecoboost XLT
SCrew with 6.5' bed
Ruby Red
BOV VTA