• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who is Your Favorite Tuner for the F-150?

Started by Grim Reaper, May 11, 2014, 08:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2013FX4RD

I agree with Raider on the LET throttle tip in. It's not over powering, but better than stock. It's a very smooth power, though you can feel it's there, it's easily controlled. I like my LET tune best so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shoman04

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on May 11, 2014, 08:08:42 PM
I edited so the question if for F150 :)
Quote from: Grim Reaper on May 11, 2014, 08:07:38 PM
Who is your favorite Tuner?  Why?
Ha I am a car guy and have no ideal of trucks tunes (so I will not vote)but would love see (# of) what the truck guys think.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

shoman04

I have a Chev truck guy at work and I like to know what kind power the truck are making? I think you guys make 365hp/400tor stock is that right?
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

scap99

Quote from: shoman04 on May 12, 2014, 03:42:15 AM
I have a Chev truck guy at work and I like to know what kind power the truck are making? I think you guys make 365hp/400tor stock is that right?

Yes, rated 365/420 at the crank, from the factory.

With tune and bolt ons, some trucks have dyno'd over 400/500 at the wheels.

yowen

For some reason when I click "show results" nothing happens. I don't want to vote, skew the results just so i can see. Haha.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

scap99

Quote from: yowen on May 12, 2014, 09:24:35 AM
For some reason when I click "show results" nothing happens. I don't want to vote, skew the results just so i can see. Haha.

I modified to show results.

Raiderfan1890

Lol I didn't know there was an actual poll. Doesn't show up on tapatalk for iphone :(

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

ford4thot

Quote from: Raiderfan1890 on May 12, 2014, 11:58:34 AM
Lol I didn't know there was an actual poll. Doesn't show up on tapatalk for iphone :(

Just hit Web view

Fired from the other forum

Raiderfan1890

Quote from: ford4thot on May 12, 2014, 12:05:53 PM
Quote from: Raiderfan1890 on May 12, 2014, 11:58:34 AM

Just hit Web view

Yeah I already did that. I meant that initially I didn't know there was an actual poll. I thought we were supposed to just post about our favorite.

Oh and least favorite is S*** Shawn Instigates.

ford4thot

Need a like button

yowen

Quote from: ford4thot on May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM
Need a like button

The posts on this forum have a thank-you button on the top right of every one of them.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

ford4thot

Quote from: yowen on May 12, 2014, 12:38:46 PM
Quote from: ford4thot on May 12, 2014, 12:22:56 PM
Need a like button

The posts on this forum have a thank-you button on the top right of every one of them.
Oh my bad. Thanks!
I'm on tapatalk as well, doesn't seem to be that option on the app.

SHOdded

We had a debate a while ago about like/thank you/karma buttons.  Finally went with thank you.  /End History Lesson :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ford4thot

Quote from: SHOdded on May 12, 2014, 12:58:59 PM
We had a debate a while ago about like/thank you/karma buttons.  Finally went with thank you.  /End History Lesson :D
Well.....Thank you!

Grim Reaper

Quote from: Raiderfan1890 on May 11, 2014, 10:37:32 PM
Grim, I have a MPT perf race 91 tune. I haven't data logged it yet but the couple times I drove it I got dtc codes. Plus, my wife hated the tip in on it.

My let has lots of power but has perfect tip in, wife can't tell the difference. It also gets great MPGs. The cherry on top is Erick has excellent cs and gets tunes and revisions out quickly.

Which version are you running?  I'm running V12 (revised) 93 Perf/Street with a milder WOT upshift.  That has wonderful light-part throttle characteristics.  The standard 93 Perf/Street shift a bit too harshly in WOT on an upshift.  I thought it would kill my U-Joints quickly.

Now it's is quick but not harsh.  Everyone who has ridden in my truck with both of them, prefer my milder version.  When my six months are up, I'll probably "ask for a renewal" and experiment with the shifting a bit more.  Maybe a bit more firmer but not harsh.

Funny things, the 93 Perf/Chill (I have that too) .... I don't like it.  It's too mild and I don't like it's driveabilty.  Everyone has different preferences ... and not every truck behaves the same to the same programming.  I'm sure some 93 Perf/Street feel great and are not harsh like mine just because of the different Transmission Strategies between our various trucks.