• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth heads bring me into your circle!

Started by Scott4957, March 09, 2016, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott4957

Ok my post wasn't getting any attention LOL. I promise to get others addicted if it is as great as everyone says, teach me your ways ;) I will be looking to do my meth install this spring before it gets hot. I still have to finish my 93 tune with Torrie though, so i better get him some logs. I am leaning towards the Snow stage 2 kit, there are two and i'm not sure which would be best. Are there any real gains to be had on going with the stage 3 kit for $300+ more? I won't be using the tank, I will install a bung in my washer tank and plan to use a 50/50 mix. I have read about every post on here and many more on other sites so other than tips for our vehicle on the install I think I have all the info I need. I have found the Stage 2 kit for under $400 but am curious if anyone knows of a trusted vendor with a good price, I would rather avoid some of these small time places with only few reviews.

Thanks,
Scott
2013 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost, AJP Tuned

Scott4957

Also, for those of you who have tuned with Torrie, how does the process compare to your initial 93 tune? Is it wrapped up in a few revisions or its is a 8-10 revision deal like a 93 tune can turn out to be? May want to upgrade my brakes if I have to do this too many more times ;)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Scott4957 on March 10, 2016, 02:34:09 PM
Also, for those of you who have tuned with Torrie, how does the process compare to your initial 93 tune? Is it wrapped up in a few revisions or its is a 8-10 revision deal like a 93 tune can turn out to be? May want to upgrade my brakes if I have to do this too many more times ;)
Finding a good on ramp helps with the brakes and a good one at 2am is a relatively safe bet to exceed 100 MPH.

I run a corn tune and the experimentation continues on but the last car was at 12 when I traded it and it still had more in it. I suspect that the winter revisions would have yielded a lower ET cause it just felt nasty.

I can't comment with a straight 93 tune. I did 93 first just so I had it but IIRC it just had a couple tranny pressure changes.

Scott4957

Yes, you and I had talked about the corn tune. I have no problem going that route and putting meth on top of it, that would actually be awesome. I am just enjoying not having to mix like I used to in the Mazda. I think I would have to purchase 2 more tunes, so I have a 93, 93/corn, 93/meth and 93/corn/meth. I'm a slow poke lately getting these revisions back to Torrie, now that the deer are calming down and not in rut I guess I could go out and do some night runs. Due to the risk of taking one at 100+ I was not going out at night and the days have been short, that will change this weekend. I have not found anyone running corn and meth, are you aware of anyone running the combo?

Sabtaj1

I'm sure you will be totally happy with the stage 2 kit. I got a new stage 3 kit off eBay for dirt cheap so I couldn't pass it up. Like under 2 bills.   Anyways, I don't like the snow nozzles and opted for the alcohol injections nozzle. I had torrie send me an updated tune for the meth. Then did a couple logs here n there.  And he updated instantly. Very happy with my tune but I know there's more in it. I did a instal write up for my flex n someone added it to the how to here.  Mine was on a 13 flex. So it's a fat pig and needs to be faster still.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOdded

Did Torrie mention if nitrous would be worth it on top of the meth?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sabtaj1

Quote from: SHOdded on March 11, 2016, 12:23:55 AM
Did Torrie mention if nitrous would be worth it on top of the meth?

I was looking into doing a dry kit but I don't like the idea of having to fill a nitrous bottle again.  I think it would be fine with the meth but others said only use a wet kit.  Again, it wouldn't be more than 75hp max.  But I don't see a way to hook up a wet kit on the 13 either.  Hooking up the fuel side that is.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/