• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any regrets with your purchase?

Started by PokerMunkee, February 15, 2014, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

Yes the new f150 is supposed to be made of aluminum. Why all car are not? That's a tough question, and I am sure we will see more and more car that will be made of aluminum in the future. But aluminum is a whole nother animal, how it's formed welded is much different than steel. My thought is why ford didn't the truck 1st is purely EPA rating as the ford tuck is a big part of there sales it's also a large impact on there fleet EPA rating. Big changes is headed for the automotive industry. As I think by 2020 car manufactures fleet EPA ratings has to be like 45-50mpg. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Needmoreboost

I think they quoted 700 pounds lighter which is incredible.  An aluminum bodied SHO would be nice! 
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

PokerMunkee

I was disappointed the new '15 Charger won't have AWD in the R/T trim.  Only available on the V6, boo. 

So, for $30K, you can get:

- 2013 Taurus SHO - Best value.  No other car has the options and power.
- 2013 Charger R/T AWD - Similar options to the SHO, no turbo.
- 2013 Infiniti G37x (CPO) - Pretty blah.  No turbo, no remote start, no cooled seats, no heated wheel, etc etc.  Gotta bump up to M37x/56x for more options, but seem like grandpa cars.
- 2011 BMW 335xi (CPO) - Fast, tuneable, nice AWD system, awesome handling.  Not a lot of options, not even a backup camera.  $$ to maintain/repair.  Small.
- 2011 Lexus IS350 AWD - Nice interior, exterior styling a little feminine for me.  No turbo, small.
- 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD - Nice interior, nice AWD system.  No turbo, no remote start. 
- 2015 Subaru WRX Limited (New) - Tempting, awesome resale value, not a lot of options/luxury obviously.
- 2015 Audi A3 (New) - Base 1.8T.  Might be able to get a 2.0T Quattro for low $30s.  Small.

A lot of options.  I have a lot of test driving to do.  So far leaning towards a new WRX or a used 2013 SHO.  The WRX will have to be really fun to drive to bypass all of the luxury and toys on the SHO.

Anyone raced a 335xi?  I would think if both tuned, the 335xi will have a slight edge.  I think they do 12.5 in the 1/4. 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Needmoreboost

Quote from: PokerMunkee on May 09, 2014, 09:24:51 AM
I was disappointed the new '15 Charger won't have AWD in the R/T trim.  Only available on the V6, boo. 

So, for $30K, you can get:

- 2013 Taurus SHO - Best value.  No other car has the options and power.
- 2013 Charger R/T AWD - Similar options to the SHO, no turbo.
- 2013 Infiniti G37x (CPO) - Pretty blah.  No turbo, no remote start, no cooled seats, no heated wheel, etc etc.  Gotta bump up to M37x/56x for more options, but seem like grandpa cars.
- 2011 BMW 335xi (CPO) - Fast, tuneable, nice AWD system, awesome handling.  Not a lot of options, not even a backup camera.  $$ to maintain/repair.  Small.
- 2011 Lexus IS350 AWD - Nice interior, exterior styling a little feminine for me.  No turbo, small.
- 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD - Nice interior, nice AWD system.  No turbo, no remote start. 
- 2015 Subaru WRX Limited (New) - Tempting, awesome resale value, not a lot of options/luxury obviously.
- 2015 Audi A3 (New) - Base 1.8T.  Might be able to get a 2.0T Quattro for low $30s.  Small.

A lot of options.  I have a lot of test driving to do.  So far leaning towards a new WRX or a used 2013 SHO.  The WRX will have to be really fun to drive to bypass all of the luxury and toys on the SHO.

The value proposition of a lightly used SHO/MKS/Flex is hard to beat.  I did all the options and research back in 2013 and the SHO for me came out way on top.  Fullsize, options, performance, mpg's, etc. etc.
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

MeanKS

What???
regarding the Charger and AWD only for the V6 for the 2015 model.

Chrysler finally beat the SHO (Interceptor) at the track during police testing with their new Pursuit model and upgraded AWD system.  The Charger RT (track pack) is the basis of the Pursuit police model, just like the SHO-PP is very similar to the police Interceptor.

Why would Chrysler not put their new and improved AWD on the 8 models  ???

makes little sense...
MKS-EB...

PokerMunkee

Quote from: DRII on May 09, 2014, 01:53:05 PM
What???

Chrysler finally beat the SHO (Interceptor) at the track during police testing with their new Pursuit model and upgraded AWD system.  The Charger RT (track pack) is the basis of the Pursuit police model, just like the SHO-PP is very similar to the police Interceptor.

makes little sense...

Yeah, don't get it.  Must have been a volume thing. I really like the changes in the '15 Charger too, sucks :(
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOmanMike84

Not a fan of the new design, looks like a full size Dart now.

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

Woody

What???

makes little sense...

I got stuck behind a Charger Police car this morning - with Manufacturer plates!  Everyone was slowing down for him.  Nobody knew he wasn't a cop.  Ugh.

BiGMaC

What???

makes little sense...

Because it doesn't work right yet?.... and they are gonna let the taxpayer and LEOs do the beta testing?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

Looks aside, now that that wretched 5 speed auto is gone on the 8 cylinder optioned cars, and the 8 speed is in, it's a slick car.

Personally, I think it looks fresh. Awesome car overall.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP