• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Drag Radial woes

Started by donttweetthis, May 10, 2014, 02:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donttweetthis

Bought a few 18" wheels from an FX4 and mounted two wheels with Nitto 555R drag radials.

I was on the test drive after installing them and the display center started flashing at me saying the brake system and advance trac system were faulting. These tires are about three inches shorter than the stock 20 inch Pirellis.

Has this happened to anyone else? How did you resolve it?
2014 F150 400a single cab
2013 Mustang GT 400a "Track Pack"
2008 Freelander 2 HSE

panther427

lol ya if u got stock tires on front and the shorts on the back the system will freak out and turn itself off.. usually not a problem. It will be fine once you install stock wheels and tires back on.
2013 SHO

EcoPowerParts

Get some cheap wheels for the front and tires that match the size.
BTW, you should be launching in 4HI with rear locked on stock tires, my truck is in the mid 1.7 60' with that setup.
:)

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

donttweetthis

Went on another test drive after I unloaded the stock rear tires/wheels. No more warning lights, but this time under slight braking it pulsed the ABS in the pedal, felt like it came from the Front Passenger.

Gonna do one more test drive and if anything goes wrong this time I'm putting the stock Pirelli's back on.
2014 F150 400a single cab
2013 Mustang GT 400a "Track Pack"
2008 Freelander 2 HSE

EcoPowerParts

Abs won't tolerate a 3" difference in height, you're going to have problems

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts