• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MDesigns Race Spec Prototype - w/Video

Started by JimiJak, May 08, 2014, 12:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

You won't get that without downpipes.
Open intake, open downpipes (ZERO exhaust)...still no turbo whistle.

After the DPs are upgraded, you need an exhaust that's restriction free to keep that whistle.
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

JimiJak

You'll be happy to hear MDesigns is very open to all of our ideas.

From what I've heard from Spartn he is taking all of your comments under advisement and giving us all what we want. A sleeker, simpler design with a little more volume and a built in cut-out option. The system I have is perfect for the daily driver, or "sleeper" build that's looking to keep DBs down with no rasp and no drone.

It looks like this wasn't the final prototype after all.

@Spartn27, we look forward to the updates and improved design.

SHOdded

It's nice to see homegrown businesses come to fruition, and I wish MDesigns the very best of luck in their launch and further endeavors.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

MDesign Performance

Quote from: JimiJak on May 09, 2014, 06:16:02 PM

From what I've heard from Spartn he is taking all of your comments under advisement and giving us all what we want. A sleeker, simpler design with a little more volume and a built in cut-out option. The system I have is perfect for the daily driver, or "sleeper" build that's looking to keep DBs down with no rasp and no drone.

Thanks for all the help Jack!

Quote from: SHOdded on May 09, 2014, 06:21:00 PM
It's nice to see homegrown businesses come to fruition, and I wish MDesigns the very best of luck in their launch and further endeavors.

Thank you! Just trying to give the consumers what they need at a good price, as I know how it feels to be a consumer myself!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

Dxlnt1

I would be moreinterested as is. I do not like a lot of noise. Especially the drone sound of a V6 trynna sound like a V8. What you have is great. So if he does continue to make changes, please have an option to keep the "silent sleeper" alive and well. Dont wanna be heard or seen. Just tail lights. (get it) lol.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

MDesign Performance

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on May 11, 2014, 12:00:47 AM

I would be moreinterested as is. I do not like a lot of noise. Especially the drone sound of a V6 trynna sound like a V8. What you have is great. So if he does continue to make changes, please have an option to keep the "silent sleeper" alive and well. Dont wanna be heard or seen. Just tail lights. (get it) lol.

Depending on how the new design sounds I'll know if it will be necessary to have both options, Im planning on it opening the exhaust just a tad more without adding rasp. I am all for the silent sleeper look as I do own a MKS which people tend to think is an "old mans car", therefore precautions are being taken as with the prior design to keep drone/rasp to a bare minimum, if any at all.

As far as "old man car" little do they know what's under the hood!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

panther427

My thoughts aren't after trying to majdtgt louder. Only thoughts on making it possibly cheaper and easier to make and install. Though in curious to the sound change with the resonator in the 3 inch section. If any

You should dyno each exhaust you do make. See if there is a change in power between design. 
2013 SHO

MDesign Performance

Quote from: panther427 on May 11, 2014, 12:21:54 AM
My thoughts aren't after trying to majdtgt louder. Only thoughts on making it possibly cheaper and easier to make and install. Though in curious to the sound change with the resonator in the 3 inch section. If any

You should dyno each exhaust you do make. See if there is a change in power between design.

Those revisions are currently being looked at and parts ordered for them, also contacted LMS to figure out dyno costs and will be heading down after I get some maintenance done on the car. Would like to have the PTU BG serviced and flushed along with my brake kit installed before jumping on the dyno or doing any track testing.

Now it's just a waiting game with the UPS man!

panther427

I understand it's always about time and money..  I know I really like what you have come up with and wanna help.

Thanks for your hard work
2013 SHO

FoMoCoSHO

Outstanding work gentlemen!

:clap2:

I haven't been fond of the sound or price of any of the current offerings.

It's about time somebody designed a system to enhance the tt V-6 sound, I don't want my force fed Big Girl to sound like a V-8. If I wanted the characteristics of a V-8 I'd be driving a Mustang.

I look forward to some drive by vids at full tilt.

:thankyou:

JimiJak

Good idea!
I'll see what I can do.

I would like to get a setup like bigmoneycloser used for his corsa filming...that way we could really hear what's going on back there while I'm going down the road! lol

SRT82ECOBOOST

Hoping to hear more clips as I am sending the car to the custom exhaust shop this week.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

pejohnson

Anything new to report back on regarding this exhaust? I was curious about resolving the drone at low rpms....
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

pejohnson

I saw Spartn27 posted this in another thread 'Carbon Fiber' and thought I would put his quote here:  "It wasn't cost effective to manufacture and have them all handmade at the quality I would like to put my name on. Also after testing many setups I highly recommend just modifying the OEM cat + resonator by deleting them and replacing them with a free flowing aftermarket resonator. The stock mufflers do a great job at killing drone."

If your like me, I sometimes read a thread and can never find it again.  Hope this helps you future modders.....
13 Platinum White, PP, 402A, Moonroof, Multi-contour seats, and Navigation.  MODS - LMS 93 octane 3bar tune, 160 LMS thermostat, Airaid CAI, 15% tint, interior LED upgrade, LED puddle lights, Nurburgring 20" Gloss Black Powercoated Rims, H&R springs, Corsa catback exhaust, LMS catted downpipes

Best time 1/4 mile 12.588 sec @ 109.44 mph

MDesign Performance

Quote from: pejohnson on September 23, 2014, 02:20:27 PM
I saw Spartn27 posted this in another thread 'Carbon Fiber' and thought I would put his quote here:  "It wasn't cost effective to manufacture and have them all handmade at the quality I would like to put my name on. Also after testing many setups I highly recommend just modifying the OEM cat + resonator by deleting them and replacing them with a free flowing aftermarket resonator. The stock mufflers do a great job at killing drone."

If your like me, I sometimes read a thread and can never find it again.  Hope this helps you future modders.....

Thank you! As mentioned above, plans for the exhaust do not seem feasible and I will actually be letting go of my last prototype design. If anyone is interested, it is a bolt on system and uses the OEM catback flanges, high flow resonator, 2 Magnaflow Y-pipes, and 2 Aero mufflers. Not including labor/exhaust shop costs and just parts this cost me $400, will give someone a good deal on it if picked up. PM if interested, mods can close this thread if need be.