• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

ROTM

Started by bigmoneycloser, May 03, 2014, 11:02:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Just a heads up.
The forum has talked about ending rotm a few times... Everyone chimes in then and says how disappointing that would be...
Well, here is another rotm and only two people entered!

If no one is gonna take part then it should
Be canceled....
How can we get vendors to donate products or stuff to monthly winners if no one submits and no one votes....

If we don't get involved then we can't b*tch when it's over..

Just my 2 cents...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

pauly_gxp

I agree man.  I will be sure to enter before time is up tomorrow because it is a valuable topic.  ROTM on some forums is really a big deal.  In example, in the pontiacbonnevilleclub, I would say the amount of avid members is much lower than ecoboostperformance, yet their ROTM has a much better turnout.  From my findings, what really hurts ROTM is the forum veterans stop posting pics because they don't want to seem like a show off by posting time and time again, and noobs (like me) who joined more for the information just don't take pics period.  Don't forget guys, ROTM isn't just for mods!  It's also for backgrounds, camera angles, lighting, and for sparking ideas into other members.      

bigmoneycloser

Agreed!
Show off you s*** guys! It will inspire others..
With all your hard work and that includes keeping stock vehicle nice and clean... Let us see it..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BiGMaC

X2 what bmc said!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Josephm

Quote from: pauly_gxp on May 03, 2014, 11:51:21 AM
I agree man.  I will be sure to enter before time is up tomorrow because it is a valuable topic.  ROTM on some forums is really a big deal.  In example, in the pontiacbonnevilleclub, I would say the amount of avid members is much lower than ecoboostperformance, yet their ROTM has a much better turnout.  From my findings, what really hurts ROTM is the forum veterans stop posting pics because they don't want to seem like a show off by posting time and time again, and noobs (like me) who joined more for the information just don't take pics period.  Don't forget guys, ROTM isn't just for mods!  It's also for backgrounds, camera angles, lighting, and for sparking ideas into other members.      

Thanks for posting that. I never posted my car because I always though it was assumed to show off mods, and not so much about the actual picture it self (Like you mention, back ground, lighting, etc)
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

ford4thot

Now that I've joined I'll enter every month!

Fired from the other forum

Raiderfan1890

Quote from: ford4thot on May 11, 2014, 11:46:36 PM
Now that I've joined I'll lose every month!

FIFY

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

ford4thot

Quote from: Raiderfan1890 on May 12, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

Quote from: ford4thot on May 11, 2014, 11:46:36 PM
Now that I've joined I'll lose every month!

FIFY

It's the Thuggish Ruggish Bone

That too lol

JimiJak

Thank you BMC for bringing attention to this. This is indeed the case.

There have been some changes to next months RotM competition, and I'm really excited about it's revival. I've taken over the RotM / RotY duties, so if anyone has any suggestions or questions PLEASE reach out to me! I'm eager to hear your input!!

When we all participate in events such as RotM not only does it make the title of RotM Winner more coveted, but also draws attention...which means new members and more sponsorship. I don't have to tell you guys that with sponsorship comes free stuff! Right now I'm just concerned with getting it back on its feet and growing. We'll see where it goes from there...but it's all up to you!!

*btw, we had a whopping 35 votes and 3 submissions...that's 38 members out of 1,000...that's 0.38% of you that are showing your interest. C'Mon guys!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Lanson

I'm almost ready to re-enter.  The crazy nuts audio system is complete, and the car needs a head-to-toe detail and sawdust extraction.  LOL.

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

Woody

I voted!  And I'm planning to throw my hat in next month.  Need to learn how to detail an engine bay.  The dealership didn't do it when I bought my car. :(

yowen

It's never been very apparent that it's not just about the ride itself but also about the quality of the photo, background and lighting. I wonder if making this clearer would attract some more rides? I could see how people with mostly stock cars would think they needn't both entering, while they actually may have a shot at winning with some real great photography work.
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

panther427

I see a great shot of a muddy f 150 winning!
2013 SHO

SHOdded

Quote from: panther427 on May 12, 2014, 01:01:02 PM
I see a great shot of a muddy f 150 winning!
The Rambo-zilla of the EB world???
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimiJak

I see a paradigm shift on the horizon, and it's name is F-150...
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build