• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Help with my SHO build.....

Started by FracaSHO, April 22, 2014, 04:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

So I FINALLY got some extra cash. There is so much I can do, if I don't budget correctly, I'll end up with an unfinished build.  Here's my list of mods.

Performance Mods:

PPE catted down pipes
hot pipes
Corsa exhaust
3 bar MAP and dyne tuned by LMS

Appearance mods:

A set of nurburgrings
Eibach pro kit OR Megan coilovers
Gauges for center gauge pod

Possible mods down the road:

SEL tail lights
retrofit engine/trans cooler
led interior/exterior lights
caliper covers
hydrodipped engine parts

Here's my dilemma:

I am now considering meth or nos.  Probably same gains. Nos would be cheaper by half or more. Meth is used all the time so no need to worry if I find myself at a stop light in Mexico where I need the extra power. If I go with either one, what should I take off my lists?

Are Megan coilovers worth the extra $500 plus more than just springs?

It would be easy to say go all performance and maybe have an 11 second SHO. But it would look stock. I'm not into the sleeper look. I'm a SHO off and like to have a flashy unique car. That being said, should I go with the flash and enough performance mods to have a solid 12 second SHO, or go all performance maybe have an 11 second SHO?  I'd be truly disappointed to focus all my efforts on performance and fall short of that elusive 11 club.  I know everyone is gonna say "go with whatever you want."  That's great advice, but I don't know what I want exactly. So I'm looking for opinions and advice.

One more thing; you may have noticed I didn't mention upgraded or ATP turbos.  That because they are both expensive and we have yet to see these mods pushing the SHO's into the 11 second range. Unless there are more 11 second SHO's beyond the one I know of. I know we are pushing the limits of our stock turbos, and it would be smart to get ATP's and leave them at around 20 psi so they are not at their limit. But there haven't been huge gains with the ATP's. Even over the stock billet wheel upgrade. I know Mike B had his Flex at 600 hp.  But I think he had tuning and fuel troubles. That much power doesn't do any  good if you can't get it to the ground efficiently.  My point is, if I can get into the 11's with meth or nos, upgrading the turbos won't get me into the 10's. Maybe I could claim the fastest SHO, but I don't know if I even have the money meth and turbos, plus whatever else I would need.

Thanks everyone!  😎

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Don't know how much money you get to spend... but, FANTASTIC!  Here's my 2 cents

Performance... Tune and Downpipes are the two bang for the buck things... IMHO the first two to do... hotpipes... pretty (I have them) but they only help decrease the chance of turbo leaks... not any performance gains... likely mandatory with upgraded turbos.    If you want an exhaust corsas a greta choice... I prefer a cutout myself (absolutely no flow resistance after the downpipes with a cutout).

Gauges and springs/coilovers next... wheels are cool... but if yours are OK, watch for a new design?

LED/HID conversion next and consider the oil cooler if you are going to race or drive hard.   hydrodip?  looks fine... get some opinions though regarding vendors.  Caliper covers shouldn't be considered until you pick a wheel... they take up space necessitating a change in offset for many wheels.

...And Happy modding!!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FracaSHO

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 22, 2014, 05:27:02 PM
Don't know how much money you get to spend... but, FANTASTIC!  Here's my 2 cents

Performance... Tune and Downpipes are the two bang for the buck things... IMHO the first two to do... hotpipes... pretty (I have them) but they only help decrease the chance of turbo leaks... not any performance gains... likely mandatory with upgraded turbos.    If you want an exhaust corsas a greta choice... I prefer a cutout myself (absolutely no flow resistance after the downpipes with a cutout).

Gauges and springs/coilovers next... wheels are cool... but if yours are OK, watch for a new design?

LED/HID conversion next and consider the oil cooler if you are going to race or drive hard.   hydrodip?  looks fine... get some opinions though regarding vendors.  Caliper covers shouldn't be considered until you pick a wheel... they take up space necessitating a change in offset for many wheels.

...And Happy modding!!

Good call on the caliper covers. I might just paint the calipers instead. I got a referral to the company that does the hydrodipped engine cover for eco power.com  So I think I'm good there. And it would be nice if the hot pipes added some power, but not having to worry about boost leaks is almost as good. And they look way sexier than plastic pipes. Thanks for the reply.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Brad... just make sure the hydrodip is not the vendor here that KEvin had so much trouble with.

I have to agree about the pipes... I hated the plastic.... after the airbox to turbos soon they'll all be black ceramic... even if the intake mod doesn't produce HPO/TQ I'l be happy just to look at it... LOL

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock