• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

JLT Oil Separator

Started by WhitePlatinumSHO, April 30, 2014, 09:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metroplex

I think it depends on the application. Mustangs have gotten the hard OEM nylon tubing. I also saw the Thermoid air brake hose on other applications. If the engine isn't too boosted or doesn't have a lot of fuel dilution, air brake hose might be ok especall on a Mustang Gt where it may only see oil . As an engineer, I wouldn't even have bothered with that hose material though especially for this application.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

ChrisJ

I run a JLT separator on my sho. Easy install but I am not noticing nearly the amount of collection some of you are. I went with JLT because Jay has always treated me right. Been using his products since he was making them one off out of requests on forums. 
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

MiWiAu

Quote from: ChrisJ on February 01, 2017, 08:57:41 AM
I run a JLT separator on my sho. Easy install but I am not noticing nearly the amount of collection some of you are. I went with JLT because Jay has always treated me right. Been using his products since he was making them one off out of requests on forums.

Did your kit also come with air brake hose? Curious if you were/are smelling fuel vapor like metroplex.

If you wanted to increase the efficiency of your JLT, you could also tee into the intake piping to provide PCV evacuation under boost. If memory serves, the JLT only connects to the IM, correct? In this case you would only get vacuum at cruise when you're not running any boost.

My RX collection is mostly water with a little oil. I'm guessing my collection volumes will be much lower when spring/summer rolls around and there is less moisture circulating through the system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

ChrisJ

Quote from: MiWiAu on February 01, 2017, 12:32:00 PM
Quote from: ChrisJ on February 01, 2017, 08:57:41 AM

Did your kit also come with air brake hose? Curious if you were/are smelling fuel vapor like metroplex.

If you wanted to increase the efficiency of your JLT, you could also tee into the intake piping to provide PCV evacuation under boost. If memory serves, the JLT only connects to the IM, correct? In this case you would only get vacuum at cruise when you're not running any boost.

My RX collection is mostly water with a little oil. I'm guessing my collection volumes will be much lower when spring/summer rolls around and there is less moisture circulating through the system.

I think its only on the clean side.
2015 SHO non-pp - LMS catted downpipes, Hotpipes, 50mm tial, 3 br map, airraid intake, magnaflow catback, h&r lowering springs, MSD coils, 542s, JLT v3 catch can, tuned by bcb and some other pretty junk.

MiWiAu

That's the dirty side, and probably the intake manifold connection. The cleanside port is on the front bank near the oil fill cap. You don't need a catch can for the clean side, since that's primarily fresh air intake into the engine (with an occasional reverse flow burp).

This setup will not evacuate the dirty side during boost, but could be modified to do so fairly easily with some tees and check valves.

2013 XSport

AlexAvani

I put a jLT Oil separator.  Here is my install
https://youtu.be/EwcZtPXZaKM