• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

V8 in Sport Mode

Started by zamirlihari, June 07, 2014, 09:30:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I apologize if this topic was mentioned before,ive had the lms v8 tune for a while now and recently installed my new PPE DP,prior to that I seldom use the sport mode,all I can is WOW,the car really pulls you back,and shifts a lot harder than in drive,any members experience that.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Interesting, mine pulls hard, but shifts softer than before?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

FoMoCoSHO

I've been curious about the behavior of a tuned car in sport mode. I would love to hear from our tune vendors about changes and what to expect between D and Sport mode.

Unless I am cruising I am always in Sport mode as I feel the car is much more responsive.

wasinger3000

Torrie has been working on a sport mode tune for me. I love the differences. I told him I want drive to be a good cruising and daily driver. Then to make sport a track ready setting. He's still tweaking it, the difference is night and day between the two. I love it.

Sent using smoke signals.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ShoBoat

Quote from: wasinger3000 on June 07, 2014, 10:29:31 AM
Torrie has been working on a sport mode tune for me. I love the differences. I told him I want drive to be a good cruising and daily driver. Then to make sport a track ready setting. He's still tweaking it, the difference is night and day between the two. I love it.

Now that is cool! I wonder if LMS can do the same?

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

wasinger3000

Quote from: ShoBoat on June 07, 2014, 10:31:11 AM

Now that is cool! I wonder if LMS can do the same?

I'm sure they could. It's a lot of extra work though. I've done about 40 data logs now. I do a 20-70 run in sport then create a new log in drive doing the same thing.

13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

MDesign Performance

I need to get that done, what device are you using to datalog? SCT X4 by chance?
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

wasinger3000

Quote from: Spartn27 on June 07, 2014, 10:41:24 AM

I need to get that done, what device are you using to datalog? SCT X4 by chance?

Yeah I'm using the x4.

wasinger3000

Make sure you have a 3 bar sensor before you do this.

jmr061

I love the idea of different "tunes" for drive versus sport.

Jason
16 Edge Sport