• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Trans Fluid Change Interval?

Started by SHO-Pa, April 27, 2014, 08:27:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-Pa

I've seen the thoughts about the PTO and RDU fluid change intervals, but what about the transaxle?

I know FoMoCo used to really REALLY like 30k fluid changes in the longitudinal 4 speed autos, but what about this unit? I would think the 50-75k change unless the car is tuned or on the track regularly.

What say other forum folks?
2011 SHO - stock
2016 Explorer XLT 2.3L "4wd"
2018 Focus Titanium

crash712us

I agree with that, every 30k on modded cars or every 2yrs. Depending how hard its driven.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

SHOdded

Since you can actually check the transaxle fluid, you can likely determine when you want to change it.  If it smells anything but clean, or darkens, or (shudder) has particles in it, time for a change!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!