• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Coilovers for Flex/SHO/Explorer/MKS/MKT

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 10, 2012, 03:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdeprato

Glad to see someone is finally giving this a shot! Yes my post was a joke for sure  :beer:
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: darreli on July 11, 2013, 09:46:16 AM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 11, 2013, 09:36:48 AM
I'm looking at picking up a set this week as well, trying to get the hookup on a set for $750 shipped. If I do I'll share the info.

Looks like a decent kit..interested to see ride quality and quality overall. I had QA1's on my Lightning and I was having to have them rebuilt all the time. I've read mixed reviews overall but I'm excited to get it back
I called Megan racing, going to try and get a set for a review for you guys as well.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

darreli

Good idea.....the only bad thing about this whole deal is I cant usually wait so I end up being the one that "tests it out". For the most part it has worked out well, but I have had some busts as well

EcoPowerParts

I couldn't wait, I have a set on the way as of today. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

darreli

Cool! They definitely worked on the SHO!

EcoPowerParts

Is the car driveable? If so how do they ride?
www.ecopowerparts.com -

darreli

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 12, 2013, 03:50:35 PM
I couldn't wait, I have a set on the way as of today. :)

I know that feeling!! LOL I'm the same way! I knew I liked you for some reason!

I need to get my windows retinted...I dont like it without....needed to strip it for a court appearance though

darreli

The cars all back together, still needs an alignment. Will be done later today. I'll know more about the ride over the weekend. The plan was to hit the strip tonight but I cant get out of work :(

BigPelo

Off topic: "I love your wheels Darreli! TSW Interlagos 20x9?" /off topic
Week-end family transporter: 2013 SHO tuxedo black, performance package, unleashed custom 94 octane tune, K&N Typhoon intake, 170F thermostat, 3 bar MAP sensor, SP534 spark plugs, 5000K HID Morimoto mini D2S projectors retrofit, tinted windows, Full LED lighting in and out, Eibach springs
Daily beater: 2002 WRX wagon swap JDM STi v7 20G'd

darreli

Quote from: BigPelo on July 12, 2013, 04:22:46 PM
Off topic: "I love your wheels Darreli! TSW Interlagos 20x9?" /off topic

Off topic,  Yep! Thanks! I really like them too. Currently with Nitto NT05 255/45/20 but I believe I'm switching back the the factory size 245/45's and going with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I've wore the Nittos out already

jomc111

how did you like the nittos i was thinking of running them on my extra set of rims maybe the nt555 instead. crossing my fingers that the coilovers are amazing. might have to start making the wife mad and buy parts for the sho before sell the mazda hahahaha :thumbsup:
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

darreli

Quote from: jomc111 on July 13, 2013, 07:10:45 AM
how did you like the nittos i was thinking of running them on my extra set of rims maybe the nt555 instead. crossing my fingers that the coilovers are amazing. might have to start making the wife mad and buy parts for the sho before sell the mazda hahahaha :thumbsup:

I'll know more about the coilovers after a few days of driving. The fitment was nice however.

The Nittos were ok dry traction wise. Pretty scary in rain on the freeway. Pick up pretty much everything you run over and have a TON of road noise...and are only good for about 10,000 miles..all depends on what you're looking for I guess. Look into the Invos over the NT555s in my opinion.

jomc111

i have the invos on my second set for my mazda and i am not a fan they dont hold. i should have stated these will be for more of a track day thing i'll run the stockers with a all season most of the time
2009 mazdaspeed 3 Garrett GT3076R//HKS SQV3 blowoff valave//Autotech internals//Pauter rods//CP pistons// ACT 6 puck clutch// Lightened Flywheel//PG tubular manifold//Corksport downpipe// Streetunit racepipe// Greddy Ti-C catback//HKS type 0 Turbo Timer// Manual boost controller// Eibach pro-kit// Koni FSD dampers// JDM yellow fog overlays// COBB short throw shifter// oil filter conversion // BSD //
Parted out - sold
2010 sho -stock -sold
2014 focus st

crash712us

Sorry for further derailing this thread. But my Mickey Thompson DR's have been excellent tire, great in the rain to boot and they are quite. Darrell road in my car and he can a test to the road noise as well. And the price is right for them as well.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

jdeprato

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 05, 2013, 03:18:20 PM
I drove around with 6 people a couple days back- I figured it out to be around 1400 pound of people and luggage.
Car handled it surprisingly well. :)

Awesome! Those are the kind of real world results we need!  :beer:
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)