• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sold the SHO

Started by dmharvey79, April 27, 2014, 05:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

So, I sold my 2013 SHO which I purchased in September 2011. I was super excited when I bought it, but I quickly realized I got a lemon. When the car was working properly it was great, when it wasn't it was a total PITA...and it was only working properly about 15k of the 25k miles I drove it. As I've mentioned on the forum before, I was less than impressed with FMC customer service as I tried to get a variety of problems resolved, and fortunately a local dealership stepped up to really try and make things right (not even the one I bought from).

The straw that broke the camel's back was the clicking/clunking noises returning recently. The first time this happened the car had 10k on the clock and the tie rod ends, steering rack, and wheel hubs were all replaced as Ford techs tossed darts at the problem over several months. I never got a real clear answer on the exact problem the first time and when it started again at 25k miles I said, "screw it".

I took a pretty good hit on the car but I figure if I had all of these problems at 25k miles it is probably best to dump it. This was my first new Ford (also first new domestic) and based on the experience as a whole I'm pretty sure it will be my last. I decided to go back to a truck and I bought a new 4-door Toyota Tacoma with the off-road package, which I really like so far...simple, a solid record for reliability, and priced low enough that I can now get a new bass boat to stick behind it. I also plan to pick up a weekend / fun car next spring, probably some sort of pro street setup.

Thanks to all who've answered questions and shared knowledge on this forum. This is by far the best forum I've been a member of and I wish you all the best!

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Good luck with your Tacoma!  Keep us apprised of your adventures, and what you go with for your pro street setup :D  It's very difficult to buy a new car and then have it basically sit at the service shop for so long.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!