• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Other Board(s)

Started by EcoBrick Bob, December 27, 2012, 11:40:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoBrick Bob

I just got an e-mail from EBOF (EcoBoost Owners Forum) that says I need to pay up again to be able to post.  While I haven't posted there in several months, I thought this odd.... Anyone else get this message.

They came up with a "Premium Membership - $10." early on to help pay site costs, but I understood it was a one time thing... 

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

WhitePlatinumSHO

I never got the email. I paid the Premium member fee to just help get things going, but will not pay it again. If they are charging to be able to post, I think I will hang out elsewhere. Isn't that what sponsors are for, to help cover costs like that?
2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: RedCandySHO on December 27, 2012, 07:46:26 PM
I never got the email. I paid the Premium member fee to just help get things going, but will not pay it again. If they are charging to be able to post, I think I will hang out elsewhere. Isn't that what sponsors are for, to help cover costs like that?
The problem is they're saying the costs are so great but it cost me $100 to set up the whole forum with domain name registration and hosting account. I don't understand what the crying for money all the time is about. I did think it was hilarious when they blocked an entire IP range from Cox trying to block me and stopped a ton of their members from getting on but didn't impact me at all. O0
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FaSSt9602

That premium membership stuff is garbage.  That is the only forum I have ever seen that does that crap.  Forums are run by the "revenue" from supporting vendors, which in reality shouldn't be revenue, it should be enough to cover costs.  No one needs to make a living off a forum community.  Thanks to Mike, we now have that here.   :bow:
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoBrick Bob

When I was one of their top posters back in spring and summer, twice I got blocked. It turned out that because I travel and post from many IP addresses, that the hosting site blocked me thinking I was spamming them.  I spent hours working on it and even got my local internet supplier to check... took them several hours of labor to determine it wasn't on our end which is what administrator of EBOF told me first.  Anyway BPD actually got pissed at me for complaining... saying that they went out of their way to do me a favor to be able to post.  Ultimately, that and the Livernois bias just got to me.  Livernois is a very good source... but it isn't the only source... and anyone who thinks so is as I have put it before... a "LIVERNOIS LEMMING".   :bangin: :bangin: :beer:
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

I've noticed that 99% of their posters all have Livernois in their signatures, pretty hilarious stuff about not being biased.
Either way I am looking forward to all the things that are coming down the pipeline this spring that will make some huge changes to the EB scene. Loving every minute of it!
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

WhitePlatinumSHO

I agree. I know vBulletin is not cheap, but even at $100 month from sponsors, they should have more than enough to cover the costs, even if there is the only one sponsor.

So what's coming down the pipeline in the spring? Care to share?
2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: RedCandySHO on December 28, 2012, 06:43:01 AM
I agree. I know vBulletin is not cheap, but even at $100 month from sponsors, they should have more than enough to cover the costs, even if there is the only one sponsor.

So what's coming down the pipeline in the spring? Care to share?
I can't get to into detail but big hp numbers will be coming soon based off of turbo and fueling system upgrades. I hope my tranny and diff can handle what I'm going to throw at then this spring. >:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

www.ecopowerparts.com -