• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois V8 Tune

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, April 21, 2014, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

I plan a dyno session when the cutout is ready to install.  pulls as is with v8, pulls with cutout on and closed, and pulls with cutout on and open.   If the new CAI be ing fabbed is ready we'll do that too comparing it to no filter box so that only the new piping design is the variable.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

BigMaC, I plan to do the same and look forward to your results!

:ok:

BiGMaC

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on May 05, 2014, 10:33:38 PM
BigMaC, I plan to do the same and look forward to your results!

:ok:

Very cool... Look forward to it!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

ShoBoat

Sweet, it would be great to get some real numbers on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

ShoBoat

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on May 05, 2014, 09:17:09 PM
Nice.

Received tune update today. Installed 3 bar first, then tune. Fired car up with no codes or problems.

Except, and I occasionally got this before, upon completion of loading tune, I got cross traffic fault, and blind spot system fault on display. Again, these codes came in a while back so Im not sure if related to the tune itself but shouldn't be.

Also, I was having several issues with car. I found when installing 3 bar, I had apparently forgot to reconnect a sensor thats located in front of manifold. Probably caused bunch of errors. SO I owe LMS an apology for insinuating a possible issue with their tune. Not saying the missed sensor was definitely the problem or not, but I indeed missed  something. SO owning up and taking responsibility for my failure in this.

Apologies to LMS if you reading this.
The cross traffic and blind spot error is normal, at least for me. Once you power cycle off and on once you are done installing the tune it should go away.

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: ShoBoat on May 05, 2014, 10:55:19 PM

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on May 05, 2014, 09:17:09 PM
Nice.

Received tune update today. Installed 3 bar first, then tune. Fired car up with no codes or problems.

Except, and I occasionally got this before, upon completion of loading tune, I got cross traffic fault, and blind spot system fault on display. Again, these codes came in a while back so Im not sure if related to the tune itself but shouldn't be.

Also, I was having several issues with car. I found when installing 3 bar, I had apparently forgot to reconnect a sensor thats located in front of manifold. Probably caused bunch of errors. SO I owe LMS an apology for insinuating a possible issue with their tune. Not saying the missed sensor was definitely the problem or not, but I indeed missed  something. SO owning up and taking responsibility for my failure in this.

Apologies to LMS if you reading this.
The cross traffic and blind spot error is normal, at least for me. Once you power cycle off and on once you are done installing the tune it should go away.

Right. It comes in intermittently but always clears once car is cycled. Yet both systems function normally even when faults SHO!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SRT82ECOBOOST

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 05, 2014, 10:29:10 PM
I plan a dyno session when the cutout is ready to install.  pulls as is with v8, pulls with cutout on and closed, and pulls with cutout on and open.   If the new CAI be ing fabbed is ready we'll do that too comparing it to no filter box so that only the new piping design is the variable.
Have you talked with Livernois about adjusting your tune to get the most out of your cut-outs?
Very interested to hear if they will work with you as my just bypass doing any catback exhaust work and run right to the cut-outs.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

BiGMaC

Quote from: SRT82ECOBOOST on May 06, 2014, 06:51:07 AM
Quote from: BiGMaC on May 05, 2014, 10:29:10 PM
Have you talked with Livernois about adjusting your tune to get the most out of your cut-outs?
Very interested to hear if they will work with you as my just bypass doing any catback exhaust work and run right to the cut-outs.
I sent Dan, Anthony, and Brandon an email asking about this potential issue.... Reply pending.

SRT82ECOBOOST

^^^Let us know how this turns out and thanks for putting the time in to get questions answered.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

68_GT

my V7 2 bar (79* outside temp 3/4 tank of gas)
2013 SHO Taurus with performance package 0-140. Tune only by Livernois Motorsports.

my V8 3 bar (57* outside temp 1/2 tank of gas)
2013 SHO 0-140 pull with Livernois Version 8 tune

Run videos these side by side and they seem identical but with the V8 tune my SHO sounds, and feels more powerful still, and gas mileage is better. There may be other variables, but there was not one other change to the car.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

68_GT

someone call me crazy but in running those side by side my V7 pull seemed faster 0-140 and it was warmer outside and had 1/4 more gas weight. ??
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

SHOdded

Different shift points?  There's also that weird sound like chickens underhood at the end of the videos.  Begins about 10 mph earlier on the V8.  Can't see the tach on the V7 run.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

68_GT

Quote from: SHOdded on May 06, 2014, 05:54:59 PM
Different shift points?  There's also that weird sound like chickens underhood at the end of the videos.  Begins about 10 mph earlier on the V8.  Can't see the tach on the V7 run.

I don't know about chickens lol, but it seems like I may be missing some weatherstripping or something in my drivers door. It's wind noise :)

ShoBoat

I had her our to the track tonight and I believe that I can state that the V8 tune is a bit stronger than the old tune (1st gen) old time 12.802 new best time 12.737. She ran several 12.7s tonight. And my 60 foot times weren't stellar either (best on the night was 1.874). Traction was a serious issue tonight. Trap speed was up from last year also at 107.8mph to 109.52mph. No matter how hard I tried last year I couldn't break 12.7. Everything else on the car is the same and also weather conditions were close to my best time last year. Temp around 55F RH 62% same track as last time. So it looks like the V8 tune is a keeper, at least for me ;)