• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois V8 Tune

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, April 21, 2014, 04:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the Ver.8 tune for the SHO, and the Ver.3 for the Explorer Sport! We would love to see some videos of your cars! Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you guys.

Fa-SHO

More power and a large sack of $100 bills ought to do it!  Thanks for a great product.
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune
1/8th: 8.71 @ 84 mph (factory stock)
1/8th: 8.18 @ 84 mph (above mods)
1/4: 12.80 @ 107 mph (above mods)

geswek

Awfully soon; new dyno and 1/4 times.

BiGMaC

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on April 22, 2014, 04:31:47 PM
Glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the Ver.8 tune for the SHO, and the Ver.3 for the Explorer Sport! We would love to see some videos of your cars! Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you guys.

Free t-shirts?

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

geswek

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 22, 2014, 05:55:23 PM
Free t-shirts?

Good luck; I asked for hat and they gave me the URL for the shop. BAHAHA

BiGMaC

I am happy to say that i do not have to exclaim,............................................. "WOW... I coulda' had a v8"

'cuz I do!   :rofl2:

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

Livernois Motorsports

You guys crack me up. I will see what I can do about the dyno numbers. Also we do have our track day coming up we would love to have you guys come out and lay down some numbers for us!

Brandon

68_GT

My V8 3 bar runs strong and the engine / turbos sound a lot different too and the transmission downshifts faster, up shifts faster, and holds the gears longer even in "D" mode if it senses you may want to hold that gear for more throttle / acceleration.

I've been meaning to post up that I regapped my plugs to .32 and now have been getting 31.9 mpg at 65mph and 30mpg at 70 mph and a lot less black crap all over my exhaust tips :)

2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

geswek

30MPG at 70? Jeesus; I got 24mpg right now at 75.

Plugs haven't been touched; Ford will replace them at $384 but stock. I'm not comfortable taking them out for fear I'll break them.

So I probably won't regap; I thought about going to 0.30.

SHOdded

Outstanding MPGs for such a high perf vehicle!  Kudos :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: 68_GT on April 23, 2014, 04:55:22 PM
My V8 3 bar runs strong and the engine / turbos sound a lot different too and the transmission downshifts faster, up shifts faster, and holds the gears longer even in "D" mode if it senses you may want to hold that gear for more throttle / acceleration.

I've been meaning to post up that I regapped my plugs to .32 and now have been getting 31.9 mpg at 65mph and 30mpg at 70 mph and a lot less black crap all over my exhaust tips :)

Is that MPG real or what computer calculates?  If its real world tested, then we should all recap our plugs to .032.

Thoughts? BTW, I have an '11 so the v8 tune does not apply to me! I think!
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

geswek

Correct; the v8 tune is for the 2013+

IHeartGroceries

I'm curious...
How many miles does LMS suggest clocking on freshly uploaded tunes, before really loading the engine up?

I have perhaps 35 or 40 miles on 3bar v8, and the no shift incident happened to me again this evening, just as it did early on with the 2 bar v8. This time, it was WOT, missed shift into 3rd. It's exactly as it would be on a standard transmission - up shift, missed gear, free rev. I had to let up off the throttle for it to downshift back into a gear.

Going to put a few more miles on her, and then load the engine up again and see what happens. This occurrence went away and was never repeated after the first two times it happened, very early after the 2 bar v8 upload. I put maybe a couple hundred trouble free miles on 2bar v8 after that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Unaware of any reason to wait on giving her a push, or any recommendations from any tuner regarding this.

What I am wondering is if the shift problem is only PP... both... or just a few cars?  looking for a common similarity in the cars that have been shown to exhibit this behavior

geswek

I've always had the nannies kick in during 2-3 causing a mis-shift even with the 93 octane tune from last year (which I've been running until I got V8.)

The only time I don't experience it is if I completely turn off AdvanceTrac, which is an option on the performance package SHO.

I think the computer gets confused of the rapid speed and has a brain freeze during the shift.

It was in one of my AFR test videos where I had it happen at 2-3 because I hadn't turned off AdvanceTrac.