• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Front Bumper Removal - Anyone Done It?

Started by JimiJak, April 15, 2014, 11:48:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

Looking to relocate the catch can, and a handful of other things, but I plan on removing the entire front clip to do so...I know it can be done, and doesn't look like TOO MUCH of a PITA to accomplish, but I have a couple days before I'll have time to tackle it, so thought I would poll the audience to see if anyone else has done it and any recommendations they might have.

TIA!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

FUSIONEB

There's a "How-To" posted on it.

JimiJak

Quote from: FUSIONEB on April 16, 2014, 12:40:43 AM
There's a "How-To" posted on it.

Any chance I can get a link to this "How-to"?

THANKS!

FUSIONEB

JimiJak

uhhhhh...right.

Also, I see you changed your reply from "I wrote one a long time ago" to "there's a how-to posted on it".

Well, I searched the How-To section, and there isn't a thread with the word BUMPER in the title located anywhere in the section; with exception of one...and since that was written by bpd1151 for a SHO...no dice.

I'm not saying you didn't write one, but if you can't find it, and it's not in the How-To; I think I'm SOL on finding it.

FUSIONEB

JimiJak

:banghead:

Yep...that would be the bpd1151 SHO article I referenced in my last post.

Looking for info on the Explorer Sport...

explorergotoluvit

2013 explorer sport
LMS tuner stat 160 3 bar magna flow v8 91 map
k&n H&R spring
retrofit FXR bi-xenon projectors done by lightwerkz 
all lights replaced with leds from daytimebrightlites

JimiJak

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JimiJak

L.   O.   L. 

I Don't need the link from bpd for a SHO...I don't have one of those unfortunately.

Looking for information on THE EXPLORER.
Did everyone misplace their Adderall today??

Thanks though.

SwampRat

L O L ... must of caught BigMac in one of those old fart brain fart alzehemers moments .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

JimiJak

jmr061

PM me an email address. I can send you the manual section for the 2014. Guessing similar to what year you have??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!