• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3bar tune. Double checking.

Started by Kolk1, June 25, 2014, 01:03:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Just wanted to clarify to the member installing a 3bar,cx-221 without a tune,the answer of course is hell no,considering its a new car you want the process to go smoothly without any issues,when you get the tune make sure you install the new sensor first then,then you install the new tune,good luck and enjoy the ride.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Kolk1

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on July 12, 2014, 09:45:41 AM
Quote from: Kolk1 on June 25, 2014, 12:39:10 PM
I sold my mycal because they wanted like 6-700$ to unlock it and give me new tune files.

$200 for torrie and a $60 map sensor maybe worth it though.

I am not sure who told you that price but the only fee is $250 which is to remotely unlock the Mycal device and transfer the serial to a new owner.  That price also includes new tunes and free lifetime tune support.  And if you can prove you are the original owner and just upgrading to a new vehicle we will set it up for free.  I have had customers think that its $250 to unlock and then $250 for tunes which is wrong but $6-700 is way off.  My apologies if you were misinformed but please if you guys have any questions like that call 313-561-5500 ext 103 which is my direct line.  Or just ask for Anthony to avoid anyone missing out on some amazing tunes.   

Sorry, I reread the emails. I  bought a brand new in box color MyCal (2nd hand but never used, he bought it from you guys but it was the wrong MyCal). And was then quoted by you, $400 for the new tune file. Maybe I was remembering more of how much I was going to have invested just go from Stage 4 SCT, over to Stage 4 MyCal with 3 Bar map, and gave up.