• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Explorer Sport Custom Aluminum Pedals - Group Buy

Started by JimiJak, April 12, 2014, 02:20:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimiJak

Over on explorerforum.com there's a group buy building steam right now for a set of custom sport pedals. Sounds like once they finish the template they're going to open it up for a lot of customization options...either way, they look well done. I'll probably pick some up once they come available. CLICK HERE for the link over there.

Basically there's been talk of retailing around $60 for the set of 4 pedals (gas, brake, E-brake, and slave (footrest) cover), depending on the turnout for the group buy, looking at a 10-25% projected discount from there.

These are CAD designed and appear to be 6016-T6 aluminum. They install IN PLACE OF the existing pedals, not over top (except for the gas pedal, I don't think that comes off).

also, recently heard from the manufacturer; all members of the group buy will be able to order with whatever options they desire. Some options will be at increased cost (e.g. alternate grip patterns; black anodized surface; etc), but others are at no extra cost (e.g. all thru holes; perimeter ring; etc). More to come on the details of these options.

They were out of the design phase and had entered the QA/testing phase around mid last month, so it shouldn't be much longer now.

Not sure what the application to the SHO will be, but I'm sure once they're off the ground with the XSports it won't take much to adapt them. If any of the SHO folk are interested, let me know and I'll plant that bug in his ear after the XSports start shipping.

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

BiGMaC

Is this a Performance Pedal product?

The gas pedal may have a torx in the back to remove it.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

JimiJak

Honestly, I couldn't tell you whose making them. May be a proprietary design and company. Feels very down-home, after-hours, fabricated wich as we all know can range anywhere from amateur to downright expert with lots of TLC.
The OP is LakersCentral, not sure if that means anything to anyone. He's not the one making them, just helping market.

I don't have anything to do with them myself, just helping spread the word for some custom goodies.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

JimiJak

So we're already talking less than half the cost of the performance pedals at $119, and that's before the group discount, plus with an extra cover for the e brake and more custom options...oooooor a massive flop. Lol

BiGMaC

True!

Although the machine work and options, judging from the pic posted above, may be different

SHOdded

Autovation.net has someone designing their custom pedals for them, as stated on the website.  Good to have another option, and if they can be easily made to fit on the SHO/MKS/Flex/F150, so much the better!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

JimiJak

Quote from: SHOdded on April 12, 2014, 06:50:57 AM
Autovation.net has someone designing their custom pedals for them, as stated on the website.  Good to have another option, and if they can be easily made to fit on the SHO/MKS/Flex/F150, so much the better!

You nailed it!
Found out Autovation.net is going to be the supplier of these. Haven't heard an update on ETA yet, but sounds like $45ish for the basic set with the group buy.