• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Interesting product!?

Started by mbehna, April 11, 2014, 04:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbehna

Infinity BassLink
Powered subwoofer: 200 watts and a 10" sub

For all you tinkerers, I saw this and I thought this might be something of interest / use to someone. Figured I'll post it and see if it is of help to anyone.
[/color][/font][/size]
2014 SHO
2001 Mustang GT

glock-coma

Product like this really only work well if there in the cabin.
Not sure there's enough room in the SHO under the front seats, but would probably work in the flex. 

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+firm shift+boost
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SwampRat

Most of the low end Infinity products are simply rebadged JVC items , same company actually . That being said  you may  might get some decent bass out of it but not audiophile or even close quality  . IMHO
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHODYOU

You mean JBL

And rebadged... meh. Pretty different companies, both make entry level on up to stupid expensive, esp some of JBLs home stuff.

And both are owned by Harmon
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

BiGMaC

I've never spent more than $8k on a car stereo.. Which IMHO was dumb of me, because I couldn't hear the last $2-$3k as soon as I started it.... Those are parts only prices.  Point is don't try to get the last 5% of sound quality unless you're competing.

SW is correct on the bass tube, IMHO, Lanson could give a better opinion.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Old age .. brain fart  LOL .

Infinity & JBL. = same company
JVC & Panasonic = same thing ... I think
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

Lanson

You want me to make you a bass tube?  I'm itching for a new build pretty soon.

Oh anyway, JBL and Infinity share some tech, no doubt.  I wouldn't call one higher or lower-end, necessarily, but they both share market pretty fairly.  I have a lot of JBL gear in my car now, but that's going away (except the JBL MS8 processor) real soon for better gear in the DIY market.

I can make a shoebox sub all the way to monstrous trunk-killers.  It all depends on your design goals and needs.  The Infinity unit is "the easy way" out but there's lots of compromises.  It has been out for AGES, a very old product.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

FoMoCoSHO

I have a basslink in my ST. It murders the stock audiophile sub but i wouldn't consider it for the SHO.