• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PCP parts.com Issues

Started by SwampRat, April 06, 2014, 10:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

4DRHTRD: Just FYI Chris asked me to remove his board tonight. Swamp if you want to get ahold of him you can do via PM or call please.
Today at 08:25:08 PM

I just googled  the shipping address for PCP ... its a residential address and a very small one at that .
Not even capable of supporting the kind of operation he said he has , plus it is supposedly linked to this site with the SAME address :

http://mustangpartsfast.com/

Residential address is on Zillow as well :

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/631-45th-Ave-N-St-Petersburg-FL-33703/47001505_zpid/

This is a B.S move on his part ,
Has any one actually ordered and recieved anything from them ?

Is this stuff just gone or do you have it backed up somewhere ?
Not to mention all thoughts and ideas , post ... thank yous are all gone from all members that posted there , thats just not right !
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

mjhpadi

I sure hope you didn't get ripped off, but the signs don't look good.  Thanks for the heads up about them!
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

Admin

I would give him until the end of the week as he said. I bought tires from him with no problems as I told you it took weeks to get my hydro dipped parts and they sucked and had to be redone (not by him by a local shop)
As far as losing the posts, there were 5 topics under his board, not alot of info there.
I have it still, it's all there for me to review.

EcoPowerParts

Chris contacted me and reiterated he will send out your cover and a full refund this week.
I will be without data until tonight

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SwampRat

Some folks are not the patient type .... so sue me .

Factual info with PM's to PCP and admin back and forth along with emails that Will back my justifiably reasons for being frustrated  / PO'd will follow later today .

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

I paid for the Hydro Graphics work  on Sunday March 9th for PCP parts to do my engine cover based upon this statement by Chris
he had posted in the PCP Vendor area. Posts that are now gone  ,  per Chris " normal turn around time is a week plus a few days for curing " .

I shipped the cover to them on Monday March 10th and it was received by them Thursday March 13.

Chris sent an email confirming he had tracking info from UPS that Monday and the following Thursday another email was sent to me confirming delivery of cover .

First PM sent to Chris about when I would get my cover below :

Quote from: SwampRat on March 25, 2014, 06:59:55 PM
Quote from: PCPparts on March 25, 2014, 06:52:56 PM
Quote from: SwampRat on March 25, 2014, 05:19:34 PM
Are you close to being done ?
Just went into final primer today and shooting all colors this week. Do you need it by a certain day? Thanks

I just didn't think it would take two weeks ...was hoping to have it friday .

So on the  Tuesday March 25th it is supposedly being primered and will be going through the other steps during the week  " that is this week " .
So I am thinking it should done on the 28th or 29 and a few days for curing .

Again no follow up from PCP so that Thursday   April the 3rd I sent another PM to Chris :

Quote from: SwampRat on April 03, 2014, 10:12:20 AM
OK ... I get the two day delay thing  , but you posted that turn around on this would be about a week plus a few days for curing prior to shipping .

It has been three weeks as of  today since you received the cover and I still have not been informed as to WHEN I will have the finished cover back.

There were two reasons I choose you to do this , first and foremost because you are a vendor on EBPF and I try to keep things in house as much as possible to help support Mike B. The owner of the forum site and store.

The second being because of you stated turn around time .

I could have very easily choose another Hydro Graphics business in OKC  and would have had it finished much sooner without sacrificing quality as I personally have see there work .

WHEN WILL I get my finished cover back ?

I also sent a PM to 4DR with his reply :

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on April 03, 2014, 10:35:39 AM
Quote from: SwampRat on April 03, 2014, 10:27:54 AM
OK ... I get the two day delay thing  , but you posted that turn around on this would be about a week plus a few days for curing prior to shipping .

It has been three weeks as of  today since you received the cover and I still have not been informed as to WHEN I will have the finished cover back.

There were two reasons I choose you to do this , first and foremost because you are a vendor on EBPF and I try to keep things in house as much as possible to help support Mike B. The owner of the forum site and store.

The second being because of you stated turnaround time .

I could have very easily choose another Hydro Graphics business in OKC  and would have had it finished much sooner without sacrificing quality as I personally have see there work .

Mike , I sent this PM to PCP parts  .... no reply yet

Do you think I am justified at being P.O.'d at them ?
Mine took five weeks not from them

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I received a PM from Chris Sunday  April the 6th :

Quote from: PCPparts on April 06, 2014, 01:06:39 PM
We will ship your cover this week back to you. Please let me know correct return address.

Also we will no longer be a sponsor on the forum. Thank you.

It has been three weeks as of  today since you received the cover and I still have not been informed as to WHEN I will have the finshed cover back.

The second being because of you stated turnaround time .

After this was received  I became concerned that since PCP was not going to be a vendor that my cover might be compromised  due to them not wanting any more involvement with members .

I voiced my concern and thought other members should be made aware of PCP's decision to no longer be a Vendor so I posted this in the vendor area for PCP as were all of the other prior thoughts and comments about the whole Hydro Graphics process .
I posted that I was upset with them about this process taking much longer than they had original stated and said that there communications with me was seriously lacking .  I also questioned why they did not order the paint color I requested when they had received my payment instead of WAITING until my cover got to them .

These post are now gone so I cannot copy verbatim .

I have follow up emails from PCP and I STILL see signs that even though they last stated the cover would ship out this week .... it may not

copy of emails follow :

From: Chris Cason (sales@pcpparts.com) Sent: Mon 3/10/14 2:26 PM To: Kevin Bechtold (kbeck59@hotmail.com)
Thank you Kevin.
On Mar 10, 2014 3:22 PM, "Kevin Bechtold" <kbeck59@hotmail.com> wrote:

My SHO engine cover is on the Way.

From: Chris Cason (sales@pcpparts.com) Sent: Thu 3/13/14 6:31 PM To: Kevin Bechtold (kbeck59@hotmail.com)
Kevin,
The cover came in today, thank you.

From: Chris Cason (sales@pcpparts.com) Sent: Mon 4/07/14 8:35 AM To: Kevin Bechtold (kbeck59@hotmail.com)
Kevin,
Thank You
Chris
Chris Cason Phone: 727-320-3986 Email: Sales@PCPparts.com
this is a sarcastic short reply prior to his requesting 4Dr to remove posts ...

From: Chris Cason (sales@pcpparts.com) Sent: Mon 4/07/14 8:35 AM To: Kevin Bechtold (kbeck59@hotmail.com

Kevin ,

We are not a fly by night company nor did we run away with your money, please contact us via email as we will no longer correspond over the forum on your purchase. Clearly we have not satisfied you in the timeline and we want to do our best for our customers, since we were late a full refund will be given to you when the cover ships. I hope this satisfies the extra time it has taken to complete your cover. Is there anything else we can do to turn this into a positive experience for you?

Thank You , Chris

From: kbeck59@hotmail.com Sent: Mon 4/07/14 9:18 AM To: Chris Cason (sales@pcpparts.com)

My main complaint was your failure in taking ownership in that this whole process could and should have been handled with better communication on your end .
Multiple PM's saying we're working on it when in fact you did not even have the paint .
A few members have sent  PM's to me saying they were seriously considering using you but we're unwilling to commit until they saw final images of MY cover.
As I stated earlier I expect nothing for free .

If you really want to make things right by me I suggest you let Mike know that you want Postings put Back up and you can Create a post saying how ever you want to word it that things could have been handled better and as a way of fixing this instead of refunding the money to me use that money to offer a Free custom cover to another member .
If you had stated in your original post that turnaround time could take as long as 4 or 5 weeks on highly customized projects I would have been OK with that .

You could put that in your new post .
It's up to you if your interest in our community is really there .
You can fix this if you want to ... There are several members that are wanting this done , probably more .
No one is perfect and people respect when others admit it and are willing to resolve issues.

Kevin

From: Chris Cason (sales@pcpparts.com) Sent: Mon 4/07/14 9:30 AM To: Kevin Bechtold (kbeck59@hotmail.com)
Kevin,
The paint was ordered the same day your cover came in and usually it only takes 2-3 days to come in and this time it took 5 business days with no reason per the manufacture (I take that as our responsibility and take the heat for it).
We are very respected in the community and helped customers with projects other vendors took their money for MONTHS and up to a year (Look up bangastang) with out product or answers.
We really do try our best to meet your goals and it has put a sore spot with me knowing you are not happy with what we are doing for you. I admit it has taken longer than expected and I thought we did a pretty good job communicating back and fourth about this. Please understand on your side we have a business to run and we can not do day by day updates on the progress, trust me I wish we could.
I've admitted what I thought what was needed as the cover has taken longer than expected and at this point the only thing we can do is a refund. I don't know much more of what to say on the forum or to you to turn this around. Once again yes I admit we are taking longer than the expected delivery time for your item. You are scheduled for shipment on Wednesday, if for some reason we can not ship Wednesday I will notify you right away.
Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to earn future business. At this time you have declined the refund and I have admitted again that we have taken longer than expected, I'm not sure what else we can do.

Chris

So I really think it boils down to the fact that PCP does not have the time to really devote to the members here and more than likely their were very few orders from us of ANY type and this just gave Chris an excuse to pull the plug .

SO anyone out there tell me why I am not justified about being upset with PCP ?

2021 Edge ST

QwikSHO

...and all this for $400 of fake carbon fiber.

SwampRat

Quote from: QwikSHO on April 07, 2014, 11:46:54 PM
...and all this for $400 of fake carbon fiber.
NO ... $240.00

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

Follow up emails continue with expected delays as I thought ..... looks to be another two weeks ..... sigh .

But in the end trying to get this worked out ....

Just remember folks Chris had 4DR remove his Vendor Posts  After he sent the PM to me saying he was not going to be a vendor .
It was then that I made the Post informing members here and my displeasure with the whole process that had transpired .

Maybe things could have been handled more smoothly on my end but I had justifiable reasons for being upset .
Chris and I spoke on the phone for over an hour yesterday evening and regrets the way things turned out and told me it was a Knee jerk reaction when he decided to tell 4DR to remove his Vendor Posts.

Emails ( copied )  below  most recent to first from earlier today .

Go ahead with it .

Kevin

--- Original Message ---

Sent: April 8, 2014 7:23 PM
To: "Kevin Bechtold" <kbeck59@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: SHO Engine Cover Shipped to you ...

Kevin,

Thank you for the phone call today it helped us understand where we could better our services, the feedback was much appreciated.

As for the changes we discussed over the phone, the cover will be hydro carbon victory red with SILVER paint code UX lettering on the SHO and ECOBOOST. Attached is a picture of the silver in discussion, please let me know if its ok to proceed.

Chris Cason
Phone: 727-320-3986
Email: Sales@PCPparts.com

On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 7:06 PM, Chris Cason <sales@pcpparts.com> wrote:
Kevin,

What is your telephone number? I think maybe the emails or typing is confusing what we are trying to communicate to one another.

Also here is an update on the cover, we dipped it in hydro and it sagged in multiple places distorting the carbon fiber look. I was not happy with it and would not want it sent to me if I paid for it. This happens and we re do the product, this is the nature of the beast when dipping products sometimes the first time does not go well and you have to re do. Just to show you an update I snapped a quick picture in our storage room of an update as to where we are at now with the cover. We just re painted it and prepping for hydro once again. I have stopped to get feedback from you because I noticed something when we dipped it last time and wanted to discuss with you.

Being that the lettering is black (We painted the lettering in the cover so you can see a visual sorry about the bad lighting and picture) when we dipped the cover with carbon fiber over the red the lettering did not stand out too much and was lost a little bit in the carbon fiber. I was going to suggest a couple of options if you are interested on the phone it will be easier to discuss and if you like the changes I will email a copy of them to you to agree upon to be sure we are on the same page.

Please let me know a telephone number to reach you at or you can call me at 727-320-3986 Chris

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 09, 2014, 09:11:22 AM
So all is good now?

I hope so  ... Still gonna be close to two weeks (fingers crossed) before I actually get the cover back .

2021 Edge ST

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SwampRat on April 09, 2014, 09:15:13 AM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on April 09, 2014, 09:11:22 AM
So all is good now?

I hope so  ... Still gonna be close to two weeks before I actually get the cover .
I wouldn't worry about it as long as the finished product is to your liking.

All that piping looks pretty with the cover off anyway.

bpd1151

Lol.....

FoMoCo checked out Swamp's "piping" (& liked it).....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

SwampRat

Quote from: bpd1151 on April 09, 2014, 12:02:21 PM
Lol.....

FoMoCo checked out Swamp's "piping" (& liked it).....

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I always thought you were a liitle kinky ....  ;D

2021 Edge ST

SwampRat

I was hoping this would end up on a positive note .

On Prior update I was expecting the cover end of this Week
I got another email from PCP yesterday .... NOPE , more delays .... stuff on backorder yadayada ....

Emailed 4DRHTRD ... He said tell em to give you refund .

Emailed PCP requesting refund ... got money back today ... DONE with them .

2021 Edge ST