• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Rx Catch Can Install on Explorer Sport

Started by JimiJak, April 06, 2014, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on February 03, 2017, 10:52:57 AM
You mean like this

Yep! The post numbers in my Tapatalk don't match my PC, so I didn't want to reference a number and have it be wrong. Haha

Thanks!

Hyperlinks don't work in my tapatalk either. :(  I keep getting routed back to the EBPF home page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Colorado-SHOBro

i just pulled the clear hose on my CSS and there's not a trace of oil going back up to the air box after 300+ miles. so i guess it depends on the car. i'll update if i start to see any accumulation though

11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

metroplex

There's not a lot of oil coming out. It's mostly the oil vapor that you smell through the filler cap. My Airaid breather filter has a nice whiff of it, but no signs of oil dripping out.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport

Wardog692

Quote from: metroplex on February 05, 2017, 03:56:00 PM
My Airaid breather filter has a nice whiff of it, but no signs of oil dripping out.
Slightly off topic here, but what size breather filter did you get? I'm getting a catch can and CSS soon and need a breather filter, but can't figure out what size. 5/8in/17mm is what size the UPR lines are I believe, so do I get that same size filter?
2010 SHO 402b non PP
BOV VTA w/ K&N Breather Filters
mDesign CAI
35% Tint
BrakePerformance drilled/slotted rotors w/ ceramic pads

MiWiAu

Quote from: Wardog692 on February 06, 2017, 11:21:59 AM
Quote from: metroplex on February 05, 2017, 03:56:00 PM
My Airaid breather filter has a nice whiff of it, but no signs of oil dripping out.
Slightly off topic here, but what size breather filter did you get? I'm getting a catch can and CSS soon and need a breather filter, but can't figure out what size. 5/8in/17mm is what size the UPR lines are I believe, so do I get that same size filter?
Yeah, you'd want to get a press-in filter to match the ID of your hose.

This is the one I got for mine, which uses 1/2" ID hose: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OO2Q2W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_1LkMybDXXFZ65

2013 XSport

metroplex

The UPR fitting and the valve cover fitting is 5/8", so the 1/2" ID breathers will be a very tight fit. AirAid only has a 1/2", while K&N has a 9/16" (but the filter itself is small) and a 5/8" along with a 1/2". I like the AirAid better because the media seems to filter out all the dirt. I tried a Green Filter breather and there was a ton of dirt inside the valve cover port, inside the filter, etc... because Green Filter is garbage for filtration. I also used the AirAid pre-filter wrap with the Green Filter.

I'm running the AirAid with the AirAid pre-filter wrap and have a K&N 5/8" breather as backup. The K&N breathers actually use the AEM dry flow material now. When bpd1151 wrote his article, K&N was still using the oiled cotton gauze, but they've switched to a woven synthetic now that is dry. AirAid is a combination of synthetic with oiled cotton gauze.
Previously: 2014 SHO
12.4 @ 110.9 mph

Current: 2017 Fusion Sport