• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New Plugs, dialectric grease, and anti seize

Started by boostedflex, May 16, 2014, 02:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey guys,

I ordered my SP534's, hoping to install them next week.  What is the consensus of anti seize on the threads and the dialectric grease?  Wondering what other people have done.

Thanks
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

BiGMaC

I used Vers-Chem copper formula antisieze... effective to 2000o

No problems.  I did not apply it to the spark plug hole... only the plug threads avoiding the lowest portion to keep it out of the combustion chamber..

I worry about aluminum heads.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

scap99

Quote from: boostedflex on May 16, 2014, 02:35:58 PM
Hey guys,

I ordered my SP534's, hoping to install them next week.  What is the consensus of anti seize on the threads and the dialectric grease?  Wondering what other people have done.

Thanks

NGK says no.  Threads have a coating that keeps them from seizing...supposedly they make the factory SP-534's

scap99

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 16, 2014, 02:40:35 PM

No problems.  I did not apply it to the spark plug hole... only the plug threads avoiding the lowest portion to keep it out of the combustion chamber..

I just got some of that on me, just reading it....

Lol, it's a wonderful product, but you need full NBC gear to keep from getting any on you.  :)

SHOdded

No need in the EB engines.  If you do choose to use, a minimalist approach is best.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

crash712us

I always use anti seize. It doesn't hurt anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

BiGMaC

Quote from: scap99 on May 16, 2014, 02:49:13 PM

Lol, it's a wonderful product, but you need full NBC gear to keep from getting any on you.  :)

No worries about reading or NBC gear now!... you'll be a zombie in 8-10 hours even if you wash your hands... LOL

(Nuclear-Biologic-Chemical gear... for the nonmilitary/ non-HazMat folks among us)

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

scap99

Quote from: BiGMaC on May 16, 2014, 03:00:46 PM
Quote from: scap99 on May 16, 2014, 02:49:13 PM

No worries about reading or NBC gear now!... you'll be a zombie in 8-10 hours even if you wash your hands... LOL

(Nuclear-Biologic-Chemical gear... for the nonmilitary/ non-HazMat folks among us)

It's like a needleless tatoo...you can't wash it off...lol

boostedflex

2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs