• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Tuning/bolt ons

Started by donttweetthis, April 04, 2014, 02:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

donttweetthis

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/EcoBoost-F150-MyCalibr8or-Tuner-%7B47%7D-Airaid-CAI-%7B47%7D-160%2A-Thermostat-%7B47%7D-Downpipe-Combo.html

I was just about to click "purchase" but thought I'd ask you guys first.

Stock my truck put down 342/366 with a 3800 DA.

What kind of gains might I see out of this set up theoretically? Would anyone recommend Livernois? Anyone reject them?

I'm open to any and all suggestions, guidance and wisdom y'all are willing to share.

Thanks

-James
2014 F150 400a single cab
2013 Mustang GT 400a "Track Pack"
2008 Freelander 2 HSE

DJE624

Sounds like a great idea to me!  But I am biased.  I have had fantastic luck with Livernois and built up a great relationship.  I would guess that realistically, you could expect in the neighborhood of 50 HP.  My original tune got me 45WHP.

BiGMaC

I'd only question the AirAid... if performance is the goal, and the data I have is based on my '13 SHO, not F150. The rest sounds sweet!  I have had excellent customer service and support from the guys at LMS.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Josephm

That would be a good addition. I cant imagine the night and day difference after having it all installed at once.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

SHOdded

Since you are running an f150 based eb vehicle, I would,t be surprised if the tune netted you well over a 100hp/100tq gain.  Not peak to peak, but at points in the graph.  At least 70hp/tq peak, i would think. 

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/livernois-motorsports-ecoboost-f150-tuning-146319/
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

I would go with LMS...
That sounds like a great package..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

yowen

Quote from: donttweetthis on April 04, 2014, 02:20:04 PM
http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/products/EcoBoost-F150-MyCalibr8or-Tuner-%7B47%7D-Airaid-CAI-%7B47%7D-160%2A-Thermostat-%7B47%7D-Downpipe-Combo.html

I was just about to click "purchase" but thought I'd ask you guys first.

Stock my truck put down 342/366 with a 3800 DA.

What kind of gains might I see out of this set up theoretically? Would anyone recommend Livernois? Anyone reject them?

I'm open to any and all suggestions, guidance and wisdom y'all are willing to share.

Thanks

-James

The gains you'll get from tune + downpipes is sure to put a massive grin on your face. Based on having read this message board inside and out. I'll be doing the same to my SHO soon (had a little pothole debacle-setback).
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

donttweetthis

Quote from: SHOdded on April 04, 2014, 02:55:21 PM
Since you are running an f150 based eb vehicle, I would,t be surprised if the tune netted you well over a 100hp/100tq gain.  Not peak to peak, but at points in the graph.  At least 70hp/tq peak, i would think. 

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/livernois-motorsports-ecoboost-f150-tuning-146319/

That would be nice, I also have looked around at a few other goodies, including a circle D stall converter, FRPP exhaust. I already have 18" wheels for some sticky tires.
2008 Freelander 2 HSE

donttweetthis

Quote from: yowen on April 04, 2014, 03:36:00 PM

The gains you'll get from tune + downpipes is sure to put a massive grin on your face. Based on having read this message board inside and out. I'll be doing the same to my SHO soon (had a little pothole debacle-setback).

That's a bummer, they're bad around here there are certain roads I won't drive the Mustang or my motorcycle on.
2008 Freelander 2 HSE

mjhpadi

Yeah, I have nothing but praise for Livernois..I have had great customer service from them. I agree the tune and downpipes are the best for performance gains.  I love my Airaid, but I don't think there's much gain from the CAI...but if you get the Airaid, be sure to order a pre-filter for the filter, it will keep the filter much, much cleaner.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

donttweetthis

I was considering not using the cold air and using the stock air box. I could sell the CAI to anyone on the street here in Midland, Texas Ecoboost F150s are a dime a dozen.
2008 Freelander 2 HSE

KC311

LMS is a great company to deal with. I've ran their tune for 25k miles on my F150. The only things I do not like about my LMS tune is that updated tunes are rare (only one in over 2 years) and LMS is the only company that utilizes the AIW MyCal programmer.

Unleashed, MPT, LET, JMS, 5* and any other tuning company you come across utilize an SCT platform. If you were interested in trying other tunes, you'd have to buy an SCT on top of already having your AIW.
2012 F150 FX4 Ecobeast.