• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

My opinions - take a second and read please

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 03, 2014, 11:20:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Guys I'm a person, just because there's an Admin under my name doesn't mean I'm not allowed to have my opinion, even on vendors that join the forum.
I am not the be all end all, take my opinion and use it or discard it but in the end I'm not going to hold my tongue with my viewpoint just because I"m an admin and they're a vendor. I've always been the guy to open his mouth and share my opinion. If I feel a vendor is taking advantage of you guys I will then put on my admin hat but if I disagree or dispute statements I will do so and it's not bashing, it's stating my viewpoint/opinion.
Make sure you read what I say and don't read into it. I am making technical statements and evaluations of things not you're a bad company or you suck, those words aren't coming out of my mouth.

I put this in another post but just in case you didn't see it concerning my company being a vendor on this forum:

One more thing, concerning the whole "vendor" thing, all of the money I'm making from my parts business is going right back into R&D for more custom parts for you guys. I'm not pulling money out of that business. It's all so I can make all these parts you guys are asking for, hopefully one day I'll be able to make some $$ and pull it out but right now it's feeding itself for cooler parts. Last round has been for hot pipes for the truck as well as downpipes. I'm also working on a fuel solution for the truck. It's all about making super cool parts for the cars. If I were able to start ever making some profits the only thing that would change for me is my wife would work from home for the parts company. I've been working my tail off to try and find a way for her to stay at home since she was diagnosed with Leukemia but I can't afford to pay for the families health care and lose her income both.

Also I'm working with a friend for him to take over the vendor posts to separate myself as admin from that vendor, this might take a bit but it will happen.

Concerning the forum, vendor dues etc. I have created a separate paypal account for the forum. Money from vendors that comes in will be put into that account and money for hosting, pro service etc will come out of that account. It will tie to my business account and if I need to put money in to pay for things to keep the forum going that will be the way it is funded. I decided to start taking vendor dues due to the increased costs of hosting (I keep upgrading when the site gets slow), pro services for forum work and some graphic arts things. Long term I want to be able to offer shirts to you guys as well, just need to get final licensing from Ford to allow for that to happen.

Thanks for taking a second to read this.
If you have any questions, please PM me and I'll give you my cell. If you think you see an intent other than growing this forum and the platform and parts then that is not the case. I will never make good money off a parts company or this forum, I just want them to be self sufficient (I think of them like my kiddies that need to walk on their own and pay their own way instead of Daddy constantly putting funds in the bank account).

Mike
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FoMoCoSHO

Well I'm not going to fault you for even if you make a profit (I hope you do with our help), you've contributed an assload to our community, and I appreciate this little Eco-bastion you've given us.

As much info and entertainment I get out of this site, I'd gladly pay for a "enhanced" membership of some sort.

I'm glad you speak your mind, it provides some balance which is sorely needed IMHO.

EcoPowerParts

BTW, I've removed this account from the admin group, I'll keep a second account for doing admin type work. This way hopefully it won't be so confusing and I can just speak my mind without people reading into me having admin under my name. I've also removed any vendor references from this account, for all intensive purposes I'm just another member posting.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bigmoneycloser

Mike,
It's no ones business if your making a profit off this site... And if you can find a way to make one you SHOULD!  Your doing the work! Your time is money too!! Separating the parts site from forum is good idea, but again none of our business...
No one else is gonna volunteer their time and money to run a site with no financial return, so I appreciate that from you. And it says a lot about your true intentions...
You obviously care about the sites, and the members and the vendors.
I am a LMS fan and will be their customer forever, I am also a fan if your site and your forum and will be a member/customer here forever(especially if you get those hot pipes..lol)
I have no issues with your opinion or admin status and or posts in anyway.
Sometimes these debates will get heated because everyone wants to defend themselves or their company and that is fair. We just have to be civil and try to be careful not to let it get out of control.
Keep doing a good job..... And make a damn Profit.....

A quick note that some people might hate....
The explorer site requires a member fee to post pics... I will never pay that fee because I don't fee that site offers enough value and content to deserve it no matter how small a fee...
However, I find this not only fun but essential information on what's hot and new and coming soon and help when needed.. It's pretty amazing..
I would pay a small annual member fee for your forum...it would be tough to justify at first as a new comer with no idea of how goo the site is...
So I would offer new members a free 12 month full trial. At the end of that trial a small annual member fee. And maybe the membership comes with a small discount from the parts site as a member..
Just my opinion..
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

bigmoneycloser

After 12 months of reading and posting.... No one will walk away from a small annual fee
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

FracaSHO

Mike,

I can speak for myself and say I appreciate all you do for not only this forum, but the ecoboost platform as well. I personally value your opinion and take no offense to any opinions you have. They are after all, just opinions. I also appreciate the great customer service you have provided on your parts site. I have gotten responses to emails in a timely manner, and you have given me solid advice about my specific needs, as oppose to telling me I need more than what I actually need just so you can put more money in your pocket. I would hope that no member on this site would expect you to cover any operating costs of this site out of your own pocket. I also applaud you for being pro active and innovative in your attempt to fund this site, as oppose to just charging members. By all means cover your costs at the very least. I kind of jumped into my SHO with no prior knowledge of turbos, AWD cars, etc. This forum has given me knowledge and advice that are invaluable. I can take my SHO to ridiculous heights with what I have learned. All I need now is the money to do it. 😃

To sum up...thank you sir!

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

Mike.... Add me to the list of thank-you's regarding this site and your customer service along with your keen interest in weeding the myths from fact.
:thankyou:
I have no problem, with this forum, paying a nominal fee and agree that you should not bear the costs incurred now that the business and forum are separate entities.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Josephm

You are the reason I picked the Flex; Seeing what you did to yours, made it a lot easier of a purchase. So for that reason, I would like to say THANK YOU for the forum, and paving the way for the EB motor.

I am glad you have an opinion, and are willing to speak it.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Needmoreboost

I like this site and not wasting my time anywhere else...  :)  Keep it up!
2014 Mustang GT/CS: white
Auto with custom Unleashed Tuning
Past honorable mentions: 13 SHO, 08 SRT4, 07 350Z, 03 Cobra, 03 Focus SVT, 00 GT Mustang, 91 LX Notch, etc.

black99lightning

IMHO, sometimes there is too much drama on this site regarding vendors.

I thought I had already posted in this thread, maybe it was deleted?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

glock-coma

Quote from: Needmoreboost on May 07, 2014, 02:12:14 PM
I like this site and not wasting my time anywhere else...  :)  Keep it up!

+1
If there is a way to donate some funds to the site I would be more than happy to contrubite.
Having a knowledge base like this site is worth a kings ransome!!

2010 RCM non PP
K&N panel filter
sp534 @ 30
unleashed 93 performance+boost
more to come.....

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

AlaskaEcoboost

I've only been visiting for a couple weeks and I don't give two f-ingtons about people's opinions. I've seen nothing out of line by anyone. If you happen to make some money with this, good for you. What people write on the Internet is typically written with 0 thought about how someone else may read it. People read with their own internal voice. If they're having a bad day, they might project their own anger on to another person's written voice. Sarcasm and playful banter may go unnoticed. Great site. Thanks for not kicking me out, but like I said earlier... I've only been here a couple weeks. By the way, too many people get all wrapped up in what other people make monetarily. They should probably look back at all the bad decisions they've made that have culminated in their own current socio-economic situation and, to borrow from the current lexicon, stop hatin'.

--at home detailing this damn white interior after several IPAs
2010 Lincoln MKS - 90 Octane Unleashed Tune (terrible gas in Alaska) - SP534 Plugs - Custom Exhaust - My wife's

2011 F-150 - AEM Air Filter - 5 Star 89 Octane Performance/Tow Tune - SP534 Plugs - My wife's too