• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New tune revisions for 2013+ Explorer Sport & SHO from LMS

Started by Livernois Motorsports, April 03, 2014, 06:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DJE624

When you go to load the tune, the MyCal should have a better description.  I think the updater just calls them 1,2,3.

dmharvey79

Yep, they showed up as 91/93 on the tuner once it was hooked up to the car. Installed without any problems, haven't driven it yet though. I'll probably put some miles on the tune before I start pushing it. Thanks again LMS!

black99lightning

updated the Explorer this AM with the 93v3 tune, same as 93v8 for the Taurus.  Needless to say, I emailed them back for shifting tweeks and more hp for the Taurus.  The Explorer definitely feels stronger than the Taurus now, probably still isn't but the shifting is so much firmer and direct.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

IHeartGroceries

Possibly isolated issue to my SHO. It occurred, then I was able to reproduce it immediately afterward. But these are speeds 60-90 mph. I haven't been in a position again to open it up to those speeds.

I'm going to throw some fresh premium gas on top, and give it another whirl.

But, drove it alot last night at speeds less than 50. A few WOT launches up to 55 or so. No hiccups all night. Felt awesome.

Haven't monitored any PIDs yet though. Too lazy.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

twnscrw13

I just loaded v8 and there's a noticeable reduction in hesitation at WOT. The hiccuping issue is all but eliminated and the car seems much more smooth on acceleration even over the cold weather tune.
Thank you LMS!
2018 PP, blue. Sony, Navi. Stock.... For now.

dmharvey79

Quick update after doing a little driving on the updated 93 tune. This version 8 tune seems to be a step in the right direction. I no longer notice any hesitation at WOT either and the car seems to pull good under all driving conditions. I saw 12psi readings on my Torque app on this tune and I was seeing low 15 psi reading with the previous tune. Maybe boost was cut back a little on the updated tune?

Here is a graph of a quick pull to about 50mph this evening -

BiGMaC

Quote from: dmharvey79 on April 06, 2014, 12:41:01 AM
Quick update after doing a little driving on the updated 93 tune. This version 8 tune seems to be a step in the right direction. I no longer notice any hesitation at WOT either and the car seems to pull good under all driving conditions. I saw 12psi readings on my Torque app on this tune and I was seeing low 15 psi reading with the previous tune. Maybe boost was cut back a little on the updated tune?

Here is a graph of a quick pull to about 50mph this evening -

I'll be interested in the LMS answer... But based on better performance you saw my bet is that the engine is producing the needed/requested torque at lower boost... Which would be a major step in the right direction for engine tuning and turbo life... kinda raises the potential bar too!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

geswek

Hmm; I have the original 93 Octane tune from when the car came out. I've contemplated trying this new tune but not sure I want to. I've been able to pull off 12.5's with what I have, got no issues, no CW issues here in PA from the winter storms. I don't want to lose any power due to the tune.

I may email them and see if they can load up the new tune but keep the old ones on my device. If the new one doesn't suit me, I don't want to lose it.

navbtcret

Quote from: geswek on April 06, 2014, 07:35:11 AM
Hmm; I have the original 93 Octane tune from when the car came out. I've contemplated trying this new tune but not sure I want to. I've been able to pull off 12.5's with what I have, got no issues, no CW issues here in PA from the winter storms. I don't want to lose any power due to the tune.

I may email them and see if they can load up the new tune but keep the old ones on my device. If the new one doesn't suit me, I don't want to lose it.

You will still have the old one on your computer so you can swap them out anytime you want on your tuner by hooking it up to your computer. Plus it holds 3 tunes so you can put this one it and still keep the one on that you are running now.
2013 SHO Non PP, LMS 93 Performance v8, 3 Bar MAP, 170 Stat, MDesign CAI, Hot Pipes with TiAL BOV, PPE Catted Downpipes

geswek

Quote from: navbtcret on April 06, 2014, 08:48:11 AM
You will still have the old one on your computer so you can swap them out anytime you want on your tuner by hooking it up to your computer. Plus it holds 3 tunes so you can put this one it and still keep the one on that you are running now.

I have a MyCal; there are no files on computer. I hook it up and it contacts the LMS server and pulls the tunes; as far as I know--it's not like an SCT where they email the tune file.

I emailed LMS; waiting to hear from them.

ShoBoat

I do like the new tune, but what was wrong with the 1st tune in the first place? I'm with geswek, I would really like to compare the original tune with v8.
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

IHeartGroceries

The most significant difference I've been able to note is in shifts. They're near instantaneous now.

Although, I never had any issues at all with my previous tune. I never experienced and hiccups.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

SRT82ECOBOOST

Glad to hear the shifts have firmed up as the previous tune left a lot to be desired with the speed of shifts, especially the 1-2 during WOT.
2013 SHO PP in White Platinum Metallic Tricoat, PPE Downpipes, Livernois Stage V8/3 Bar, Custom 2.5" Catback, 170 T-stat, Airaid CAI, H+R Springs and debadged
Boston Acoustics 2.1 Audio Upgrade

Mikesb

I am wondering what I got sent. Email from LMS says if I want meth tune to contact them and email also says I received meth tunes. I wonder what I got? I will update tuner later today and install in car
Here's the email

Your tuner is ready to update for both 91 and 93 v8 3 bar tunes.  They are safe to use with or with out meth.  Let me know how you like them and I can have my tuner make meth versions for you.  You now have all 4 tunes for the 3 bar, 2 meth and 2 no meth.  Have a great weekend!
2013 SHO PP BLACK 7k mi - 12.9 @107  LMS 91 v8 METH TUNE - ALKY CONTROLS METH - 3-BAR - AIRAID - PPE DP'S w/cats - CORSA CB - PLUGS - T-STAT - UPGRADE AUDIO
PORTLAND OREGON

roushed