• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How different does your SHO ride with the H&R spring?

Started by Rich196, October 28, 2014, 11:05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich196

I was just curious if I'm feeling the same ride as everyone else. I installed the H&R springs on my 2013 SHO a little over a month ago, and now that all the springs have settled in, my ride is MUCH rougher, which I expected, and also have no problem with. Also, when I installed the fronts with the car still on the lift, the springs just sit in there loose until you drop it? The fronts just seem to be a little low in my opinion, I have to be careful when like going over a decent hump to go slow or the fronts will rub the top of the wheel well when the car comes down, is this normal?

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................

irondoor19

I assume you mean the front tires....? or is it the front Plastic Dam
My ride is a tad stiffer (like 30%) than normal, and on a bad stretch of road you notice it
and over a speed bump or bad driveway transition the lower front Plastic Dam will Rub....
but Overall the lowering make the car feel much smaller than the stock ride, and it is
not as bad as the other lowered cars i have done (1994 Caprice LT1),
that when you put it on a rack you actually have to guide the rear springs back into
the holders when you put it back on the ground..

So all in all i am way happy with the H&R's and as it goes, willing to put up with the negatives :disgust:
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

TooFast4SHO

I think the ride is great, I would prefer the front to be a touch higher though. If they ever make us 2013+ car coilovers....
2014 SHO non PP, Livernois 3bar v8 tune, PPE Catted Downpipes, 3rd cat delete with straight pipe stock back, H&R Dropped Springs, Low Temp Thermo. Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance, Lane Keeping, Auto Brights..

12.99 @ 106.4 with 3/4 tank of gas and spare etc. in car.

Courier6

Like iron mentioned, I have rubbed the bottom of the nose a couple of time on a driveway or 2 but pretty sure tires have never rubbed in the wells. I actually loved the ride of the stock springs on my 13 PP but the lowered look is worth it in my opinion. If given a choice, I don't think I would bring the front up at all.
2013 Tri-White PP, PPE downpipes, Corsa, Air Raid CAI, H&R Springs, 170 deg thermo, Livernois Dyno Tune 365 AWHP 407 AWTQ. Best 1/4 mile 12.580

Rich196

Thanks guy's, after you mentioned it, I do believe it's the front spoiler. Dont get me wrong, I love the ride, feels way more like a sports car now.

2013 Taurus SHO w/PP, K&N Intake, PPE catted. downpipes, AIS water/meth kit (trunk mounted) ,H&R lowering springs,170 stat, 3-bar sensor, TORRIE UNLEASHED TUNED !!!  12.14 @116mph. Stay tuned for the 11's (with stock turbo's)................

TooFast4SHO

Mine seems to drag the center cross member over speed bumps if I do not go as slow as possible and at an angle, that is obnoxious...
2014 SHO non PP, Livernois 3bar v8 tune, PPE Catted Downpipes, 3rd cat delete with straight pipe stock back, H&R Dropped Springs, Low Temp Thermo. Adaptive Cruise, Collision Avoidance, Lane Keeping, Auto Brights..

12.99 @ 106.4 with 3/4 tank of gas and spare etc. in car.