• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Corsa cat back kit

Started by BMC10SEC50, October 26, 2014, 03:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMC10SEC50

Has anyone with this kit seen any performance gains at the track?
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

pauly_gxp

Generally speaking, a cat back system alone will not gain much if anything other than sound.  Downpipes on the other hand, even with stock exhaust, will pick up a tenth or two.   

BMC10SEC50

I was told LMS got 12hp from this kit being it's 2 1/4 inch compared to the stock 2 1/8 and it also deletes the 3rd cat. I wanna hear from guys who have this kit that have raced.
-2013 SHO PP with Unleashed 3 bar tune, CAI, plugs, thermostat, off road downpipes and Corsa exhaust. Best time to date is 12.26@112.47mph.
-1990 5.0 LX(original owner) 349 BOSS block, Twisted Wedge heads, Holley intake, Vortech Si trim. Made 636hp to the wheels with a street tune.

SHOnUup

On the LME website (few months ago now) I remember seeing the Corsa cat back being rated at 5-6 hp...combined with the dpipes I could see the extra power.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

The Corsa cat back is a straight thru eliminating the 3rd muffler and converter,every vendor,retailer have there own set of numbers for sale,promotional purposes,but a while back the dyno showed 10-15 whp,some may differ.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on October 26, 2014, 06:28:02 PM
The Corsa cat back is a straight thru eliminating the 3rd muffler and converter,every vendor,retailer have there own set of numbers for sale,promotional purposes,but a while back the dyno showed 10-15 whp,some may differ.
Was that dyno with or without dpipes ZSHO?

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 26, 2014, 06:30:35 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on October 26, 2014, 06:28:02 PM
Was that dyno with or without dpipes ZSHO?

Rich
Recall 10-15whp without DP'S,combo of both with tune 30-35whp.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

bigmoneycloser

I wasn't at a track..
But I definitely felt a difference when I did my LMS corsa cat back. Actually felt bigger difference with cat back then when I did the downpipes..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

BMC10SEC50

I have a guy on FB telling me he had no gains at the track compared to the stock set up.

SHOnUup

Quote from: BMC10SEC50 on October 26, 2014, 10:09:20 PM
I have a guy on FB telling me he had no gains at the track compared to the stock set up.
For the small gains with just adding cat back, few degrees warmer with some extra humidity could be the cause of a  lack in improved times.

Rich

ZSHO

Quote from: BMC10SEC50 on October 26, 2014, 10:09:20 PM
Bill to answer your question,have appt this fri at dealer to install some new rubber,lets schedule a time so we can meet at the track,hopefully this time i can make it. ;)

SHOdded

Hope you are fighting fit, Z!  Get out there and set a new PB :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BMC10SEC50

Z- weather permitting I will be heading to Atco Friday so I'll keep you posted.