• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What causes "CUPPING" of tires?

Started by Boggus, October 06, 2014, 04:08:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lanson

As an owner of a lowered Flex, I realize that my shock warranty is void.  But on the bright side, shocks are CHEAP on this car.  Seriously, go check out Rock Auto and other places, and you'll find they are some of the most affordable parts.  But on the other hand, I wish more brands made good shocks for our cars.  I'd kill for some Bilstein 5100's like my Avalanche has. 
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SHOdded

Bilstein wouldn't even consider making any for the Edge, not enough market demand per their criteria.  Coilovers, shocks, springs - nobody wants to be a supplier :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

wasinger3000

I'll have to look and see what is available for our cars. I have a feeling the stock shocks don't last very long.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Boggus

Dealer called and told me they are replacing both back shocks, had to order them. 

While they have it, I noticed the top of the PTU unit seems to have some fluid stuff on it, I gave them a copy of the SSM and told them to look at it also.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

SHOdded

Hope they install the new PTU vent hose while at it so it doesn't get submerged.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

So, they didn't give you any fuss about the drop springs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

Boggus

Not a word at the moment.  Picked up a set of Yoko A580 tires from a buddy (245/45 20) and will have the dealer install them also tomorrow.
2013 unleashed SHO PP

Boggus

2013 unleashed SHO PP

SHOdded

Glad to hear it!  Def update us as the miles rack up on the new tires as well :)