• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MyCal showed DTC, need info

Started by FracaSHO, April 01, 2014, 12:12:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FracaSHO

A little back story. I changed my plugs last night. The rubber boot attached to the bottom of the coil stayed on the plugs when I removed the coil. This happened to 4 of them. I was able to get them out but I did rip one apart using a set of needle nose pliers that were too short. It was late so I couldn't get a new one last night. So I decided I would go to Ford in the AM. Problem was I had the car parked half way out of the garage since it was nice out. I tried putting the car in neutral so I could push it forward, but the manual wasn't to clear on how to do that. So I stared it up and pulled forward and shut it off. Car was only on for maybe 5 seconds. But since I had 2 coils unplugged, the one with the broken boot and another one I forgot about, it did run very rough.  The 2 that were unplugged were the front and back passenger side. Fast forward to this morning. I got the part and she ran perfectly. Plugged in MyCal to load 4+ and I got a diagnostic trouble code, P145E. I cleared it and loaded my tune. Since I am anal, I plugged MyCal back in to make sure the tune loaded. I got another DTC, P1000. This was right after I cleared the first one and loaded the tune. Didn't turn the car on or drive it. Anyone know what these codes are? Could pulling forward 3 feet on only 4 cylinders have thrown a code that quickly?  No wrench light or engine light. What do you think? 

Also, does anyone know how to get car in neutral when off?  Here's the procedure in the manual.

I got the 'protective cover' off but could find the 'interlock release access hole.'

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

bpd1151

Quick answer.......

Yes, you can throw CEL's "that quickly".

Those rubber boots are a PITA and I had a couple that were (as you described) in that condition when I swapped plugs myself. It appeared they were like that from the factory. Strange huh?

As far as getting it into Neutral (without starting/running the car) I have pressed and held the Start button, so that the car simply goes into full 'ON' mode (but be sure NOT to press the brake).

Once you've done the above, then, without any further depression of the Start button, simply press you foot on the brake pedal, to move it into w/e gear position you desire.

Once you've physically pushed the vehicle to wherever, then place the gear selector back into Park, foot off the brake, then press the Start button to get car back out of 'ON' mode.

As far as the codes, not sure :dunno:

But that gets 'ya 75% of the way there.

SoCalSHO

I have never been able to figure it out either. But the hole they are talking about is on the left side once you get the access panel off. That is as far as I have been able to figure out. The Ford manual is not to clear on what to do next. As far as putting the car in neutral, hold the ignition button like you are going to tune your car (Foot off the brake). You can then slip it in to neutral.

But it is not much help if you have a dead battery. Which has happened to me on a couple occasions.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

Lanson

Not sure of the P145E, but the P1000 just means the monitors are not set for emissions, and is a normal code to get (won't set a CEL) if you have just reset the PCM, and haven't done your emissions test drives yet.

That should go away shortly.

I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

TSS

I thought my MYcal gave me the code and a brief description, No? Also, if you ever want to check or clear DTCs and you don't have your tuner handy - just push the 3 and 6 preset buttons on the radio simultanously for 5 seconds.   You will get DTCs and also have the option of clearing them...as well as several other self diagnostic tests.  Works on 2010-2012 SHO/MKS.   :)
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

FracaSHO

Concerning getting the car into neutral, I tried what was suggested. That did not work. I will try again as that is what I assumed would work.

Thanks for the info on the P1000. The other one probably had to do with me starting the car and firing on only 4 cylinders. Even though it was a few seconds, BPD confirmed that's plenty of time to throw a code.

Did not know about the 3 and 6 button. I'll give it a try. And the MyCal did not give a description. It only gives code and option the clear.

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

Livernois Motorsports

All this means is that the vehicle has been tuned. It's a communication code. Nothing to be concerned with just clear and you should be good.

Dxlnt1

If this will work, I downloaded a pdf manual with Ford obi codes and explanations. If someone knows how to attach it to this board/forum somehow, could be very useful.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83493599/Ford%20DTC%20codes.pdf

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/83493599/Ford%202011%20obd2.pdf

My dropbox is full so I need all the space I can get. I will leave this file in there til 4/30/14. Hopefully by then, someone can maybe create a section for pdf files for help.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

BiGMaC

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 18, 2014, 06:45:31 PM
If this will work, I downloaded a pdf manual with Ford obi codes and explanations. If someone knows how to attach it to this board/forum somehow, could be very useful.

My dropbox is full so I need all the space I can get. I will leave this file in there til 4/30/14. Hopefully by then, someone can maybe create a section for pdf files for help.

Thanks Man... I got 'em... I'll look for a way to post them

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SwampRat

Quote from: BiGMaC on April 18, 2014, 10:37:29 PM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on April 18, 2014, 06:45:31 PM

Thanks Man... I got 'em... I'll look for a way to post them

Go for it and hats off to you if you do .....all 400 some pages ... scratchin my head on that how to .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

The problem is the upload file size limitation, in this case on the OBD2 file.  It probably needs to be split in 2, then uploaded.  I don't have the software to do so :(
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

Yup, handy docs.

If anyone ever wondered where I get my info, this is part of it.

I never posted it, I though it might make someone at Ford cranky.

Now check out the fuel system section, head over to the bosch DI website, and lets get crackin on figuring out how to command the fuel pump to ramp up the pressure.

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on April 18, 2014, 10:57:48 PM
The problem is the upload file size limitation, in this case on the OBD2 file.  It probably needs to be split in 2, then uploaded.  I don't have the software to do so :(

If you can verify thats the issue, I can split this. Better still, if any of you have an Apple computer, easy as 1-2-3.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SHOdded

2 MB individual file size limit, based on testing.  So if you split the OBD2 file in half, you should be good.

Like the PCV discussion, the related illustrated pages in the file caused problems with sizing :D

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHOdded on April 19, 2014, 07:00:23 AM
2 MB individual file size limit, based on testing.  So if you split the OBD2 file in half, you should be good.

Like the PCV discussion, the related illustrated pages in the file caused problems with sizing :D

Nice. Now can you Create a documents section just for stuff like this?