• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Definitive EcoBoost Exhaust Sound Thread

Started by thatsmrgimp2u, March 29, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoman04

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 04, 2014, 05:01:44 PM
Updated OP. Shoman is that last video of your with the stock mufflers factory downpipes?
No all My MOD are still on the car but the DynoMax out for the Stock mufflers.
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1:

thatsmrgimp2u

Well my exhaust is done. Wound up with a 2.25 xpipe, 2.25 vibrarant resonators, and two magnaflow mufflers with cherry bomb tips. Im finally happy with the sound. The resonators are a must have in this setup. Ill get a video up this weekend.

Can we sticky this?
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

IHeartGroceries

Very much looking forward to hearing your arrangement.

What was your OTD expense?

With Cherry Bombs, I'm assuming you're referring to the good ol glass packs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
2013 SHO PP

68_GT

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 15, 2014, 08:07:49 PM
Very much looking forward to hearing your arrangement.

What was your OTD expense?

With Cherry Bombs, I'm assuming you're referring to the good ol glass packs?

cherry bomb tips on Magnaflow mufflers :)
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

thatsmrgimp2u

No just the exhaust tips themselves. They have zero impact on sound.

$425 in hardware, $200 in labor.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

IHeartGroceries

Haha! I was slightly bamboozled by the idea of a set of glass packs downstream a set of mags.
And glass packs on a SHO. They sound good on my pickup though! Lol
Makes sense now.

2013 SHO PP

mval

guys-my first new car '71 340 duster, 1st mod cut off stock mufflers replaced by glasspacks. wow was that girl loud. my dad just laughed & said i've got an idiot for a son because first you threw away good mufflers & 2nd our local barney fife, as was from small town, is going to love giving you tickets. he was right got 3 disturbing the peace. but the sound of it the first time i turned her on with them still brings a smile.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

thatsmrgimp2u

These are the tips. When I ordered them the add didnt even mention they were cherry bomb brand, lol. Ebay problems...

12.91@107

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: mval on April 16, 2014, 10:18:53 AM
guys-my first new car '71 340 duster, 1st mod cut off stock mufflers replaced by glasspacks. wow was that girl loud. my dad just laughed & said i've got an idiot for a son because first you threw away good mufflers & 2nd our local barney fife, as was from small town, is going to love giving you tickets. he was right got 3 disturbing the peace. but the sound of it the first time i turned her on with them still brings a smile.
mikev

Ha! Excellent story.
There was a set of 24" glass packs on my pickup for...Geeze, 35-40 years. Needless to say, they didn't sound too good anymore.
A couple years ago I threw a set of 18" 2.25" Cherry Bombs on her.
Nothing better than a screaming SBC, I'll tell ya!

Quote from: thatsmrgimp2u on April 16, 2014, 01:16:00 PM
These are the tips. When I ordered them the add didnt even mention they were cherry bomb brand, lol. Ebay problems...

Either way, they look sweet!
Excited about hearing the setup.

2013 SHO PP

68_GT

muffler delete !? I think it sounds good wonder what it sounds like driving and about the drone on the highway ?!

muffler delete taurus sho
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

68_GT

magnaflow X pipe 3rd cat & resonator delete with Dynomax Ultraflows. Sounds really good to me.
Magnaflow X-Pipe with Dynomax UltraFlo axleback 2010+ SHO TAurus

i'd run this but put in a magnaflow resonator instead of the X pipe to eliminate the rasp.
2011 SHO w/ Offroad x, dynomax axle back

SHODYOU

Lol
Thats my car... the second vid.

Yea it didnt rasp at all with the muffled x in it... but was much quieter.

That rasp is the reason I installed the Corsa yesterday
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

68_GT

Quote from: SHODYOU on April 17, 2014, 09:48:13 PM
Lol
Thats my car... the second vid.

Yea it didnt rasp at all with the muffled x in it... but was much quieter.

That rasp is the reason I installed the Corsa yesterday

where is your old exhaust ? I don't want mine loud.

SHODYOU

Just sitting in the garage... have Magnaflow 11386, 2.5" muffled x, and Dynomax Axleback just sitting here.
Pulled off Magnaflow about a month ago for a bare x... def sounded better before. Quieter but great tone and none of that rasp, even with catless dp's.
2011 SHO - Tux Blk/blk int, 402B, acc, nav, multicontour, 20s. LMS 4X MyCal, 3bar MAP, K&N Typhoon, 170* t-stat, SP534's @ 30, Stainless Works catless DPs, Corsa catback, H&R sports, 5/16 front-7/16 rear spacer, 255/35 Hankook V12s, Lamin-X/PlastiDip

2004 Mustang GT - Comp Orange, Boss block/3.80 stroker 327", Foxlake TFS', Hellion turbo, blah blah

JimiJak

Maybe a dumb question...but semi-related.
In watching a these videos, I'm noticing I hear a lot of turbos spooling up. Sure, this is more pronounced on the guys with upgraded ATPs, but what is the most common approach to get you there? I love that sound!!
"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build