• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Definitive EcoBoost Exhaust Sound Thread

Started by thatsmrgimp2u, March 29, 2014, 05:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djxfactor

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 20, 2017, 12:28:28 PM
I love the cold start up.....where was the free revs?..complete the vid

SO DEMANDING!!   :blah:

I'll work on getting a rev video up soon!!
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

AJP turbo

Quote from: djxfactor on March 20, 2017, 12:31:02 PM

Yeah it just left me wanting more.....and yeah it did come out demanding...its that internet tone, hard to get it right. i have a problem with that sometimes or so ive been told lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

djxfactor

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 20, 2017, 12:41:24 PM
Quote from: djxfactor on March 20, 2017, 12:31:02 PM

Yeah it just left me wanting more.....and yeah it did come out demanding...its that internet tone, hard to get it right. i have a problem with that sometimes or so ive been told lol

:rofl2:
2014 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost - Full Amsoil Synthetic Fluids swap in engine and driveline, SCT X4 Tuner w/ multiple tunes for 93 + Meth, Dash-mount Tablet running Torque Pro Gauges w/ BT Wireless OBD Adapter, 170 T-stat, 3-Bar MAP sensor, Denso 1step Colder Spark Plugs, OBX Catless Downpipes, Magnaflow Downpipe-back 2.5" exhaust system, Magnaflow 2.5" X-Pipe, MDesign Carbon Direct Cold Air Intake (Latest Gen), UPR 3-way Catch Can System, Devil's Own Stage-2 3-Bar Methanol Injection System with custom Tank/Pump mount, EcoPowerParts Black powder-coated Charge Pipe kit, TIAL Q Race BOV in Ruby Red color-match, Power Stop Z23 Brake upgrade on all 4 corners with Drilled/Slotted Zinc Rotors and Carbon Fiber-infused Ceramic Pads with color-matched Ruby Red calipers, Moog upgraded Sway Bar Endlinks, lowered on Megan Racing EZ Street coilovers, SPC Rear Camber kit, Verde Axis V99 Bronze 20x9 wheels wrapped in 275/40 Nexens, Custom forged 4 1/2" spiked one-piece steel lugs, Kicker CompRT 12" Sub in custom spare tire-well box, Polk Audio Carbon C500.1 mono sub amp, All-Fit Front Lip Spoiler, 3D Carbon Rear Wing, Ruby Red vinyl wrapped interior trim, LED-lit "FLEX" Door Sills, Full LED Interior bulb swap, Red LED Accent lighting throughout, SpiderMax 3D Kagu black laser fit floor mats for all 3 rows, LED Puddle Light swap, Tinted LED Tails, Windows Tinted all around.

SHOdded

Quote from: AJP turbo on March 20, 2017, 12:41:24 PM
its that internet tone, hard to get it right. i have a problem with that sometimes or so ive been told lol
No need to be grouchy.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Ramairetransam

I am ordering my tips today , 4.5inch . What size is the stock pipe going into the muffler is it 2.25? I plan on doing the muffler delete at home with my brothers welding skills. Also does anyone know if a muffler delete can be done with just straight piping or do i need it to be bent a little?
13 Mks Ecoboost

djxfactor

Quote from: Ramairetransam on March 22, 2017, 09:50:09 AM
I am ordering my tips today , 4.5inch . What size is the stock pipe going into the muffler is it 2.25? I plan on doing the muffler delete at home with my brothers welding skills. Also does anyone know if a muffler delete can be done with just straight piping or do i need it to be bent a little?

I definitely had to deal with some bending to get the tip centered.  I came into it thinking just a couple straight pipes, clamps, and pipe mating joints were all I needed.  Then I cut my mufflers off and realized the angles were all over the place.  Our mufflers aren't center-in, so it takes some work.  We ended up doing it the right way and welded the pipes on, in two sections instead of just one, and then took a torch and heated up the main bend and pulled the whole straight pipe into place the extra inch that was needed to center my tips.  Hangers will end up being another challenge you'll face.  Be prepared for the worst lol.  I luckily was working with an experienced old-school mechanic (my buddy's Dad), so he figured things out relatively easily after studying the whole thing for a bit and making changes on the fly.  I can honestly say I wouldn't have got the job done without a welder, a torch, and his knowledge.

Ramairetransam

grrr, i really hate to pay an exhaust shop . Maybe once i get the car up in the air my brother will have some words of wisdom

Is the exhaust the same on the flex as the sho/mks ?
13 Mks Ecoboost

djxfactor

Quote from: Ramairetransam on March 22, 2017, 01:49:20 PM
grrr, i really hate to pay an exhaust shop . Maybe once i get the car up in the air my brother will have some words of wisdom

Is the exhaust the same on the flex as the sho/mks ?

Axle-back, yes, for sure.  Not positive about cat-to-axle section fitments, but I believe even those are the same.  Muffler delete only concerns axle-back anyhow, so the answer for you is yes.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

NITSOOB

Custome tig welded mandrel bent exhaust. Borla XR1, AR25 Aero Resonators, Single 3.5" Stainless all the way after the Y pipe. Exhaust is stupid deep in the lower RPMs. Listen with headphones.

Btw, anyone know the spacing on our 3 bolt flange from the downpipe? Getting a custom 3" made as well.

<iframe width="420" height="315"
src="https://youtu.be/xPF_ZJTiWfo">
</iframe>

[url=http://youtu.be/xPF_ZJTiWfo]]http://youtu.be/xPF_ZJTiWfo]http://youtu.be/xPF_ZJTiWfo
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

AJP turbo

Looks good except for that pipe shooting out of the rear...still has that terrible ecoboost sound
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

NITSOOB

Definitely has that ecoboost sound still. But hard to capture the deepness of the exhaust from 1.5-3k. Up top is fairly quiet, probably due to the primary cats.

Yea I need to trim about 2 inches from the tip. Didnt notice it once it came off lift, had to leave right after. Going to the same fabricator for the DPs.

Then.. a tune.
2013 PP SHO - 3.5" DPs, 3.5" Exhaust, 3" Coldside
Pending: 5-Blade billet wheel, AJP Tune
1/8: 8.4@86

ZSHO

Quote from: NITSOOB on June 01, 2017, 11:13:36 PM
Definitely has that ecoboost sound still. But hard to capture the deepness of the exhaust from 1.5-3k. Up top is fairly quiet, probably due to the primary cats.

Yea I need to trim about 2 inches from the tip. Didnt notice it once it came off lift, had to leave right after. Going to the same fabricator for the DPs.

Then.. a tune.
It sounds good there NITSOOB !! But i'm liking that "Ruby Red" color!. Z  :thumb:
BTW Fixed the above Vid for ya. :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

68_GT

anyone have a single mid pipe with everything else stock ? or maybe with down pipes ?
seems like an easy way to pick up some power from the exhaust system with out too much trouble and loud - bad sound....
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

gtmorgan23

I cannot make up my mind whether i want to do a muffler delete with new tips or just leave it completely stock until I go Corsa.

I am for sure going to add catted PPE downpipes at some point in the future before I spend the coin on a true catback.

I have a feeling PPE catted downpipes and a muffler delete might not sound that great.
2019 Edge ST "Phasma"
JLT Catch Can