• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Taurus to Ride on Fusion Platform

Started by SRT82ECOBOOST, March 25, 2014, 07:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crash712us

I personally see no reason why the new MKS and taurus will not share the same DNA as they do now.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

black99lightning

on the police car side, I've seen two unmarked Fusions.  Really gotta watch who you speed around.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

MeanKS

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 25, 2014, 08:45:00 PM
Quote from: mjhpadi on March 25, 2014, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: mval on March 25, 2014, 12:53:01 PM
one of  reason to have a taurus was to replace crown vics for our friendly policemen. my buddy up the street who has the taurus flex fuel says loves the car but says not great police car, back seat too small & the guys like explorers better. after all the bad guys got to be comfortable being taken down to the station. so to make it smaller does nothing for this big market. so will be interesting to see, but since we got chris on the instead we have a credible source.
mikev

That was my thought after reading the article, I can't believe that Ford could ignore the law enforcement market...but I remember when Ford supplied almost all the LE cars in the country, you would see trailer load after trailer load of Crown Vics going up and down highways destined for all different LE departments.  Now I think a bunch of departments have not be very happy with the replacements to the Crown Vics, and this ranges from the Chargers to the Impala's to the Taurus...I have a hard time believing that Ford would downsize the Taurus, this basically taking it out of the LE marketplace...maybe but it sure seems that would be a hard market to give up, and let's face it the Explorer isn't the perfect everyday patrol car, and if the Taurus is downsized, it must also mean the Explorer is sure to follow.

I had the same thoughts as you guys.....Still...
My youngest daughter is dating an officer from a Denver suburb... He is in love with his EB Xsport.  It's a little hard for me to envision LE agencies spending the extra $10K for a Lincoln (no dis here.. just tax dollars)... It wouldn't normally seem right to ditch the tested fastest dedicated pursuit vehicle, but starnger things have happened... I saw a traffic stop today with 2 unmarked midsize pursuit vehicles... so maybe that's the future.

did both of you miss my post?  reply #4  :o

Ford is not ignoring the police market, the Interceptor SUV and sedan are both doing very well.
MKS-EB...

bpd1151

curry67

There should be more space in the interior and its a bit fat. But its still perfectly fine.
The 9 speed kind of has me surprised There goes the paddle shifters. I dont think the 3.5l ecoboost would fit in a fusion. Im guessing the 2.7 litre ecoboost would be a good replacement. Moving to a 4 cylinder TT for the sho wouldnt be enough for me.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

curry67

Quote from: black99lightning on March 25, 2014, 09:27:02 PM
on the police car side, I've seen two unmarked Fusions.  Really gotta watch who you speed around.
if you see a ford explorer taurus expedition f150 or a super duty they could be a cop. It makes me go nuts. Saw a cop with someone pulled over and hes driving a f 350 with a company trailer and it was a ghost truck.

FracaSHO

Quote from: curry67 on March 26, 2014, 12:41:37 AM
Quote from: black99lightning on March 25, 2014, 09:27:02 PM
if you see a ford explorer taurus expedition f150 or a super duty they could be a cop. It makes me go nuts. Saw a cop with someone pulled over and hes driving a f 350 with a company trailer and it was a ghost truck.

The US border patrol in places like Arizona have Raptors. That awesome for them!

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

yowen

Quote from: mjhpadi on March 25, 2014, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: mval on March 25, 2014, 12:53:01 PM
one of  reason to have a taurus was to replace crown vics for our friendly policemen. my buddy up the street who has the taurus flex fuel says loves the car but says not great police car, back seat too small & the guys like explorers better. after all the bad guys got to be comfortable being taken down to the station. so to make it smaller does nothing for this big market. so will be interesting to see, but since we got chris on the instead we have a credible source.
mikev

That was my thought after reading the article, I can't believe that Ford could ignore the law enforcement market...but I remember when Ford supplied almost all the LE cars in the country, you would see trailer load after trailer load of Crown Vics going up and down highways destined for all different LE departments.  Now I think a bunch of departments have not be very happy with the replacements to the Crown Vics, and this ranges from the Chargers to the Impala's to the Taurus...I have a hard time believing that Ford would downsize the Taurus, this basically taking it out of the LE marketplace...maybe but it sure seems that would be a hard market to give up, and let's face it the Explorer isn't the perfect everyday patrol car, and if the Taurus is downsized, it must also mean the Explorer is sure to follow.

Ford still has ~50% of the LE market, with the Explorer being the most popular option by about 3000 units more than the Taurus.
http://jalopnik.com/it-makes-sense-that-the-ford-explorer-is-the-best-selli-1550807705
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor