• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

255 40R 20?

Started by MeanKS, April 14, 2014, 11:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanKS

the tire rack guy is recommending that if i go with 255 tread width, i should get the 40 series tire  ???

really?  i never heard that.  he said the 45 series at 255 would be too tall.

i know its a tad taller, but i thought it was negligible.  we have plenty of forum members that go with the 255 45R 20's.

i am going to get sport springs, so maybe i should get the 40 series???

thoughts?
MKS-EB...

Frozen Taurus

I have 255/45's and yes they are slightly taller than stock but I'd prefer that over shorter because there is less wheel / fender gap.

I don't have springs yet but that shouldn't be an issue anyways as the drop is not all that dramatic.
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

68_GT

255/45 Nitto Motivos. I like them much better. Closes some gap better traction and softer ride due to the sofer sidewall. Plus I don't worry so much about bumps in the road bending my wheels and due to the extra width it protects the wheel some. Most 255's are cheaper than 245's too with a 45 sidewall. A 255 /40 is a bit more expensive.

245s
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

ROCOB

DRII, I reached out to some folks regarding tire sizes and combos and went with the Motivos also.  bpd1151 gave me some solid advice last fall and after shopping around I decided to go with the motivos.  Granted they do not handle as good as the F-1s did, but the trade off was worth it for me.  I went with the XLs, and I am very pleased.  I have made more than a few passes with them at the track also and they hook good. In my opinion they don't do anything one thing great, but they do everything I need very well.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/findTireDetail.do?c=4&rcz=30269&ar=45&rf=true&rd=20&rc=GAAINT&cs=255&dVeh=dVeh&ra=filterTireProducts.do&fl=&tc=NITHZB&yr=2010&pc=40630&vid=016031
2013 402A PP
White Platinum Metallic
K&N Flat Panel Filter, otherwise stock