• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Bullitt Rims anyone

Started by MFSHO, March 27, 2014, 02:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFSHO

Was wondering if anyone is running Bullitt style wheels on their SHO?  I've always been a fan of the style,  Think the gloss black with polished lip will look really nice on my tuxedo black SHO... I am thinking of a staggered set up  20x10 rear,  20x8.5 front but a buddy mentioned that the "mustang look" just doesn't belong on a Taurus.   Thoughts????
Tuxedo Black 2011 non-PP SHO.  Bone Stock...SO FAR

SHOdded

I believe shoman04 (an RoTM entry) is running those (track only?).  Will have to do a search to find the related postings, or better yet, hopefully shoman will chime in himself!

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?topic=332.0
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

I like those better with out the little doodads shoman has on them.  Just plain Bullitts.  I bet they would look great!  I had them on the old Fusion for while but switched to ASA 1's later.

BiGMaC

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

mval

mf:
nice choice, i liked the combo of chrome lip w/ black wheels, but like shoman4, i like the what dave called doodada's. like dave once told me we at painting our own masterpiece & each of us has his distinct idea of what that is. all i know is new wheels makes you feel like you just bought a new car since the appearance is changed so much.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

MDesign Performance

Those 20" Bullitt wheels would definitely look nice on the black, you should go for it and get some gloss black/chrome SHO center caps.
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

black99lightning

So to use Mustang wheels, which are dirt cheap, we need a hubcentric adapter?  Looks like SR76641 76MM-64.1 TSW HUB RING is the correct size?  Is the offset of the Mustang vs. SHO the same or close enough it won't matter?  Can't seem to get answers.
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mval

blackl:
from my doing a fair amount of research, our bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 or 5 x4 1/2. i think mustangs are the same atleast from a quick look on web. so don't know why you'd need an adapter. finding the offset of the wheels was more of a challenge. on the '10 w/o pp mine were +39. the wheels i put on were +35 & they did move the wheel away from the caliphers.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

Lanson

Not a fan of the wheel, mostly due to burning out on the style with my Foose Nitrous wheels, which have a similar design.  But also, because those particular wheels have "mushroom" spoke style, which to me looks tacky. 

A similar wheel to the one you picked out, is the MHT Foose Knuckle Buster.  I think that wheel would be epically awesome on your car.  http://mhtwheels.com/mht-luxury-alloy-wheel.cfm?id=10181

Such an awesome look
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune

SwampRat

Quote from: black99lightning on March 27, 2014, 12:08:19 PM
So to use Mustang wheels, which are dirt cheap, we need a hubcentric adapter?  Looks like SR76641 76MM-64.1 TSW HUB RING is the correct size?  Is the offset of the Mustang vs. SHO the same or close enough it won't matter?  Can't seem to get answers.

SHO offset is +35 to +38 for a 20 x 9 or 20 x 8.5 wheel
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

black99lightning

Quote from: mval on March 27, 2014, 12:25:33 PM
blackl:
from my doing a fair amount of research, our bolt pattern is 5 x 114.3 or 5 x4 1/2. i think mustangs are the same atleast from a quick look on web. so don't know why you'd need an adapter. finding the offset of the wheels was more of a challenge. on the '10 w/o pp mine were +39. the wheels i put on were +35 & they did move the wheel away from the caliphers.
mikev

The hubcentric ring is to keep it centered on the rotor so you don't have vibrations.  The offsets are nearly the same -4mm, shouldn't be that noticeable.  Do you have pics?
2013 Esport 13.44 @ 103.6
1999 Lightning 12.44 @ 108.4
2012 GT500 10.96 @ 130.6
2006 GTO 12.83 @ 107.8
2013 CTSV coupe 11.79 @ 119.7

68_GT

I like those rims but I also think they are played out especially on newer cars. They will always looks good on classic muscle cars but not a new sport sedan IMO.
2013 PP SHO LMS 93V10 tune, 170* T stat, 3bar, K&N drop in, plugs re-gapped, 4in exhaust tips.
UPDATE - 130K miles =blown engine. Unleashed tune and EBPP upgrade turbo billet wheels / Turbo Smart WGA's on a bran new long block. Let's get this SHO on the road !

2013 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB daily driver ;) - LMS 93 tune and CPE intercooler

shoman04

Quote from: MFSHO on March 27, 2014, 02:50:33 AM
Was wondering if anyone is running Bullitt style wheels on their SHO?  I've always been a fan of the style,  Think the gloss black with polished lip will look really nice on my tuxedo black SHO... I am thinking of a staggered set up  20x10 rear,  20x8.5 front but a buddy mentioned that the "mustang look" just doesn't belong on a Taurus.   Thoughts????
YES!!!! I have a set that I got from a EBPF MEMBER - BNOON With my race tires 275x40x20 back and front
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=191
2011 KONA BLU SHO,Livernois Tune,AIRAID CAI,DYNOMAX MUFFLEs,Newest member of the 12sec CLUB 12.669sec @ 107mph    2011 Ford Taurus SHO: 12.669 @ 105.050 MPH NEW FOR 2013LMS down-pipe,Magnaflow X-pipe,and Custom 2.5"exhaust pipe!! Meth and stage 5 next to be install!!!!!! METH DYNO TUNE today 405AWHP!!!WOW LMS track day 12.4209sec   :mike1: